* How to check if a patch is applied, ejected or ignored?
@ 2012-05-07 19:01 Jiandong Zheng
From: Jiandong Zheng @ 2012-05-07 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hello,

Sorry if it is not the first time about such question. But I still get
confused about if my patches are applied or just ignored.

For example, I didn't see much response about the following patches and
I don't know how to check if they are already in a tree to be merged to
Linus':
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-May/097346.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-May/097347.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-May/097349.html
(BTW, a couple of them were sent multiple times before)

Previously I was told to use patch system once and for a couple of other
times the patches were just got applied, and ignored patches happened
more. I hope a clear procedure can be clarified so that we can work more
efficiently.

Thanks,
JD

* How to check if a patch is applied, ejected or ignored?
@ 2012-05-07 19:07 ` Russell King - ARM Linux
From: Russell King - ARM Linux @ 2012-05-07 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 12:01:42PM -0700, Jiandong Zheng wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry if it is not the first time about such question. But I still get
> confused about if my patches are applied or just ignored.
>
> For example, I didn't see much response about the following patches and
> I don't know how to check if they are already in a tree to be merged to
> Linus':
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-May/097346.html
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-May/097347.html
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-May/097349.html
> (BTW, a couple of them were sent multiple times before)
>
> Previously I was told to use patch system once and for a couple of other
> times the patches were just got applied, and ignored patches happened
> more. I hope a clear procedure can be clarified so that we can work more
> efficiently.

I only very rarely apply patches which aren't in the patch system.

Now that we have arm-soc, I leave most patches to SoCs to Arnd & Olof to
deal with, so I guess you should be sending these patches there now.

* How to check if a patch is applied, ejected or ignored?
@ 2012-05-07 19:20   ` Jiandong Zheng
From: Jiandong Zheng @ 2012-05-07 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On 5/7/2012 12:07 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> I only very rarely apply patches which aren't in the patch system. Now
> that we have arm-soc, I leave most patches to SoCs to Arnd & Olof to
> deal with, so I guess you should be sending these patches there now.
Thanks! I will resend these patches.