From: theo borm <theo_mlmmj@borm.org>
To: mlmmj@mlmmj.org
Subject: [mlmmj] mlmmj and spf
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 11:41:27 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear list members,

We operate a small, closed, moderated mailing list that recently stopped
working for a large part of its subscribers. The organization of which
these subscribers are a member maintains an SPF record which denies
access to all servers except a named few, which seems to be the cause of
these problems.

As a work-around I set mlmmj to use a different from address in the
"From:" header. This solution is, however, plainly bad as it removes the
original sender from the headers. I have seen other lists use "Sender:"
header, but results are a mixed bag. With strict SPF checking of the
"From:" header in place these mails also don't pass.

What would be the correct solution?

any help, pointers greatly appreciated.

regards, Theo