* new website: where is the blob ... ?
@ 2012-05-10 15:24 Gunnar Schulze
From: Gunnar Schulze @ 2012-05-10 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hey, where is the picture of the funny blob monster eating all the trees? The original git community book was a good reference for git beginners and I liked the neat title image a lot.

Hoping to meet the blob again,
Gunnar

* Re: new website: where is the blob ... ?
@ 2012-05-16 19:59 ` Neal Kreitzinger
From: Neal Kreitzinger @ 2012-05-16 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gunnar Schulze; +Cc: git

On 5/10/2012 10:24 AM, Gunnar Schulze wrote:
> Hey, where is the picture of the funny blob monster eating all the trees? The original git community book was a good reference for git beginners and I liked the neat title image a lot.

the website was recently redesigned.  see this thread:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/197082

the thing called '"original" Git Community Book' was a pre-cursor to
ProGit.  ProGit is now the "Git Community Book".  If you compare the
original Git Community Book to ProGit its obvious that ProGit is just
"version 2.0" of the original.

v/r,
neal