* git-upload-pack stream
@ 2012-05-22 16:35 Tajti Ákos
From: Tajti Ákos @ 2012-05-22 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Dear List,

when pushing through http git-http-backend gets a stream of object when
sending the git-upload-packl command. This stream starts with two object
ids and a branch name. Is there a specification about how this streem
exactly looks like?

Thanks in advance,
Ákos Tajti

* Re: git-upload-pack stream
@ 2012-05-22 18:12 ` Jeff King
From: Jeff King @ 2012-05-22 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tajti Ákos; +Cc: git

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 06:35:47PM +0200, Tajti Ákos wrote:

> when pushing through http git-http-backend gets a stream of object
> when sending the git-upload-packl command. This stream starts with
> two object ids and a branch name. Is there a specification about how
> this streem exactly looks like?

Have you looked at what's in Documentation/technical in the git.git
repository? Specifically, protocol-common.txt and pack-protocol.txt
describe what happens over the regular protocol. The http version of the
protocol just splits that into chunks, but the output that upload-pack
produces is the same.

You mentioned "pushing", though, which does not involve git-upload-pack
at all. Did you mean git-receive-pack? From your description, I guess
maybe you mean the "command-list" lines sent by send-pack to
receive-pack? They are defined pack-protocol.txt. See the subsection
"Reference Update Request and Packfile Transfer" under "Pushing Data to
a Server".

-Peff

* Re: git-upload-pack stream
@ 2012-05-22 21:46   ` Tajti Ákos