* [Qemu-devel] Cant Upload tests to Wiki
@ 2012-06-19  6:18 Peter Crosthwaite
From: Peter Crosthwaite @ 2012-06-19  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel@nongnu.org Developers; +Cc: Anthony Liguori

Hi,

I'm trying to upload my little endian Microblaze test vector to the
wiki, but the file upload restrictions are for images only and file
size < 2MB. Can we relax these so I can upload my test vectors?

Regards,
Peter

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Cant Upload tests to Wiki
@ 2012-06-19 13:57 ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2012-06-19 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Crosthwaite; +Cc: Anthony Liguori, qemu-devel@nongnu.org Developers

On 06/19/2012 01:18 AM, Peter Crosthwaite wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to upload my little endian Microblaze test vector to the
> wiki, but the file upload restrictions are for images only and file
> size<  2MB. Can we relax these so I can upload my test vectors?

Not really.  There are two issues: 1) making sure we comply with appropriate
licenses when shipping binaries 2) making sure the binaries aren't carrying
malicious payloads.

Is this source code for these tests in qemu.git?  If the source is already in
qemu.git, why not include the binaries in qemu.git too?

How large are the files?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

@ 2012-06-20  1:30   ` Peter Crosthwaite
From: Peter Crosthwaite @ 2012-06-20  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Liguori; +Cc: Anthony Liguori, qemu-devel@nongnu.org Developers

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM, Anthony Liguori <anthony@codemonkey.ws> wrote:
> On 06/19/2012 01:18 AM, Peter Crosthwaite wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to upload my little endian Microblaze test vector to the
>> wiki, but the file upload restrictions are for images only and file
>> size<  2MB. Can we relax these so I can upload my test vectors?
>

> Not really.  There are two issues: 1) making sure we comply with appropriate
> licenses when shipping binaries 2) making sure the binaries aren't carrying
> malicious payloads.
>
> Is this source code for these tests in qemu.git?

No, its a Linux kernel. I can give you a ref for my exact kernel tree
if you want source.

  If the source is already
> in qemu.git, why not include the binaries in qemu.git too?
>
> How large are the files?

6Mb comressed, ~10MB Kernel uncompressed.