* [Qemu-devel] Anyone using Bulldozer CPUs?
@ 2012-07-06  8:58 Michael Tokarev
From: Michael Tokarev @ 2012-07-06  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I've got a (longish) bugreport about qemu-kvm not
working on an AMD bulldozer CPU.  In particular,
winXP guests which worked fine before, after upgrade
of the host CPU stopped working with a BSOD, and no
new winXP install can be completed due to installer
freezing somewhere in process.

I don't have any bulldozer CPUs anymore to verify (I
had access to two machines briefly and haven't noticed
any issues when ran my old "rescue" XP guest).

We tried different -cpu options, and neither appears
to work fine.  We also tried qemu-kvm 1.0 and 1.1,
1.1 works a bit better but some questions remains.

The whole report is at http://bugs.debian.org/676950 .

So, the question is: has anyone tried running this
stuff on a bulldozer cpu?

And, any hints about debugging this?

Thanks,

/mjt

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-07-06  8:58 UTC | newest]