* [LTP] I want to make contribution for ltp
@ 2012-07-11  5:41 Miles Xu
From: Miles Xu @ 2012-07-11  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caspar Zhang; +Cc: LTP list

Hi Casper,

I want to write some new cases for ltp. My issue is whether this is a
todo list for reference.
Please give me a document or link related to todo list.

thanks,

Miles

* Re: [LTP] I want to make contribution for ltp
@ 2012-07-11  6:05 ` Caspar Zhang
From: Caspar Zhang @ 2012-07-11  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Xu; +Cc: LTP list

On 07/11/2012 01:41 PM, Miles Xu wrote:
> Hi Casper,
>
> I want to write some new cases for ltp. My issue is whether this is a
> todo list for reference.
> Please give me a document or link related to todo list.
>

> thanks,
>
> Miles

Hi Miles, thanks for your interests in LTP, new cases are always
welcomed! There is a TODO list under $LTPROOT, but 1) it's kind of
out-of-date and 2) it doesn't describe what kind of *new* test cases we
need, so I wonder if it can be used for your reference.

If you have codes for LTP already, you can send it to the list for
review (of course don't forget to take a look at
$LTPROOT/doc/style-guide.txt first :)), if you are just seeking for some
cases to be implemented in LTP, I'd suggest you can search upstream
kernel tree, there might be some test codes in commit logs, you can see
if you can port it to LTP. We always encourage kernel developers provide
such cases to LTP, but very few people do that so far... And as we have
ported some of them to LTP already, please take a look at the git commit
log in case of overlaps.

HTH,
Caspar

* Re: [LTP] I want to make contribution for ltp
@ 2012-07-11 14:16 ` chrubis
From: chrubis @ 2012-07-11 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Xu; +Cc: LTP list

Hi!
> Please give me a document or link related to todo list.

As already said, there is no TODO list, you need to go through the
testcases yourself and find out what is missing. If you look, for an
example on the syscalls tests, there are, for sure some syscalls
missing. And the open_posix_testsuite is not finished either...

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz