* Request for linux-kselftest nolibc branch Inclusion in linux-next
@ 2023-07-24 22:22 Shuah Khan
From: Shuah Khan @ 2023-07-24 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-next, Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Paul E. McKenney, Willy Tarreau, thomas, linux-kernel,
	Shuah Khan, shuah, Linus Torvalds

Hi Stephen,

Please include the following linux-kselftest nolibc branch for linux-next
coverage. This will be based on Linus's tree.

I will be using this branch to send nolibc pull requests to Linus.

URL for the branch:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shuah/linux-kselftest.git/log/?h=nolibc

Primary Contacts:
Shuah Khan - shuah@kernel.org or Shuah Khan <skhan@linuxfoundation.org>

Please cc:
Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Thomas Weißschuh <thomas@t-8ch.de>
Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@kernel.org>

thanks,
-- Shuah

* Re: Request for linux-kselftest nolibc branch Inclusion in linux-next
@ 2023-07-24 23:42 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2023-07-24 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shuah Khan
  Cc: linux-next, Paul E. McKenney, Willy Tarreau, thomas,
	linux-kernel, shuah, Linus Torvalds

Hi Shuah,

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 16:22:16 -0600 Shuah Khan <skhan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Please include the following linux-kselftest nolibc branch for linux-next
> coverage. This will be based on Linus's tree.
>
> I will be using this branch to send nolibc pull requests to Linus.
>
> URL for the branch:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shuah/linux-kselftest.git/log/?h=nolibc
>
> Primary Contacts:
> Shuah Khan - shuah@kernel.org or Shuah Khan <skhan@linuxfoundation.org>
>
> Please cc:
> Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
> Thomas Weißschuh <thomas@t-8ch.de>
> Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@kernel.org>

Added from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: Request for linux-kselftest nolibc branch Inclusion in linux-next
@ 2023-07-26 23:17 ` Randy Dunlap
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2023-07-26 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shuah Khan, linux-next, Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Paul E. McKenney, Willy Tarreau, thomas, linux-kernel, shuah

On 7/24/23 15:22, Shuah Khan wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Please include the following linux-kselftest nolibc branch for linux-next
> coverage. This will be based on Linus's tree.
>
> I will be using this branch to send nolibc pull requests to Linus.
>
> URL for the branch:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shuah/linux-kselftest.git/log/?h=nolibc
>
> Primary Contacts:
> Shuah Khan - shuah@kernel.org or Shuah Khan <skhan@linuxfoundation.org>
>
> Please cc:
> Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
> Thomas Weißschuh <thomas@t-8ch.de>
> Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@kernel.org>

Should the MAINTAINERS file entry for NOLIBC be updated?
(I think so.)

thanks.
--
~Randy

* Re: Request for linux-kselftest nolibc branch Inclusion in linux-next
@ 2023-07-27  3:25   ` Willy Tarreau
From: Willy Tarreau @ 2023-07-27  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy Dunlap
  Cc: Shuah Khan, linux-next, Stephen Rothwell, Paul E. McKenney,
	thomas, linux-kernel, shuah

Hi Randy,

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 04:17:41PM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:

> On 7/24/23 15:22, Shuah Khan wrote:
> > Hi Stephen,
> >
> > Please include the following linux-kselftest nolibc branch for linux-next
> > coverage. This will be based on Linus's tree.
> >
> > I will be using this branch to send nolibc pull requests to Linus.
> >
> > URL for the branch:
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shuah/linux-kselftest.git/log/?h=nolibc
> >
> > Primary Contacts:
> > Shuah Khan - shuah@kernel.org or Shuah Khan <skhan@linuxfoundation.org>
> >
> > Please cc:
> > Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
> > Thomas Weißschuh <thomas@t-8ch.de>
> > Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@kernel.org>
>
> Should the MAINTAINERS file entry for NOLIBC be updated?
> (I think so.)

Yes we planned to do it and will do it soon.

Thanks,
Willy