From: Romeyn Prescott <romeyn@gmail.com>
To: linux-raid@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: RAID 0 went down...
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:38:49 -0400	[thread overview]

Thanks for the advice.

Actually, after I posted I did some more Googling and discovered
mdadm, which didn't appear to be included with RH 9.0.  I installed it
and was able to use the -A option with the -f (force) command ti get
the RAID back up and mounted.  I have copied just about all of the
data off of it!

As I look over this some more (I'm no RAID expert) it seems to me that
if I could just somehow re-synchronize the "superblock update times"
that md0 would get automatically recreated at boot instead of failing
out.  Is there any way to do that?  When I forced the mount, I checked
the logs and the filesystem has been flagged for an fsck, but that'll
never happen if md0 isn't reconstituted at boot!

TIA,
...ROMeyn

http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/signat-url.htm