From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
To: wireless-regdb@lists.infradead.org, linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Correction of wireless-regdb for GB
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 20:50:41 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi, I think that the wireless regdb for GB domain can be corrected:

According to Ofcom, in 2017 the rules were updated for the 5725-5850Ghz
range to allow a power output of 200mW (the max power output is much
higher still for fixed wireless where a £50 licence is purchased)

Reference to the latest Ofcom document is here (IR-2030):

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0028/84970/ir-2030.pdf

My reading of this is that DFS is currently required and I *assume* also
the wmm would be the same as the rest of the range. I'm not sure if this
rule needs an AUTO-BW?

(Note also that Ofcom opened a proposal to remove the DFS requirement on
this frequency band (and to add new 5Ghz bands). Results of this are due
later in 2020.)

Therefore I think that the db.txt should say:

country GB: DFS-ETSI

	# Reference (IR-2030)
	(5725 - 5875 @ 80), (200 mW), DFS, AUTO-BW, wmmrule=ETSI

|Could someone appropriate please check this and update upstream.|

|Thanks|

From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
To: wireless-regdb@lists.infradead.org, linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org
Subject: [wireless-regdb] Correction of wireless-regdb for GB