* [Buildroot] PATCH/RFC: Move all project specific files into the output directory
@ 2010-01-27 12:06 Will Wagner
From: Will Wagner @ 2010-01-27 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Currently buildroot places most files generated by the build in the
output directory (which can be overriden with O=). However a number of
files remain within the buildroot tree.

These are:
.auto.deps (incidentally this no longer seems to be used)
.config
.config.cmd
.config.old
package/config/buildroot-config (which then gets copied into output/build)

This is a problem if you want to use the same buildroot directory to
build two different targets to locations elsewhere in the filesystem with O=

The patch modifies config and the top level Makefile so that all files
reside in the output folder.

Is anyone interested in getting this merged? All feedback welcome, let
me know if the patch needs more work.

Will
Name: 0011-Moved-config-files-into-output-directory.patch

* [Buildroot] PATCH/RFC: Move all project specific files into the output directory
@ 2010-01-27 12:09 ` Lionel Landwerlin
From: Lionel Landwerlin @ 2010-01-27 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

This was missing, great !
The kernel is able to put all generated files outside of its source tree, it
might be possible here too.

--
Lionel