* Adding modules to Apache2 during build
@ 2020-12-01 20:02 mailings
From: mailings @ 2020-12-01 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello all:

Thank you to all who post to help on the list.  I have been helped so many times by just doing a search here.

I do have a question that I have been unable to solve on my own...

I have Apache2 and PHP installed and functional.  I have also included "PAM" using:

PACKAGECONFIG_pn-php = " sqlite3 imap opcache openssl ${@bb.utils.filter('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'ipv6 pam', d)} apache2"

However, I need to add "libapache2-mod-authnz-external", "pwauth", and "libapache2-mod-authz-unixgroup" to my build.  I've tried adding these to my local.conf in the line above and even tried it in my IMAGE_INSTALL_append section.  When I add it to PACKAGECONFIG_pn-php I get a "do_configure: QA Issue" that it is an invalid packageconfig.  If I put it in IMAGE_INSTALL_appeng I get an error that nothing provides the packages.

I know I'm missing something or not thinking of this correctly.  Maybe it's not that I need to add a new package, but a module feature to Apache2?  If someone could point me to where I can find an answer, I would appreciate it.

Thanks much.

-Joe

* Re: [yocto] Adding modules to Apache2 during build
@ 2020-12-02 17:47 ` Randy MacLeod
From: Randy MacLeod @ 2020-12-02 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailings, yocto

On 2020-12-01 3:02 p.m., mailings@warpedelectronics.com wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> Thank you to all who post to help on the list.  I have been helped so
> many times by just doing a search here.
>
> I do have a question that I have been unable to solve on my own...
>
> I have Apache2 and PHP installed and functional.  I have also included
> "PAM" using:
>
> PACKAGECONFIG_pn-php = " sqlite3 imap opcache openssl
> ${@bb.utils.filter('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'ipv6 pam', d)} apache2"
>
> However, I need to add "libapache2-mod-authnz-external", "pwauth", and
> "libapache2-mod-authz-unixgroup" to my

I looked at the apache source briefly and those modules do not appear to
be part of apache2.

 From an ubuntu system:
    $ apt info libapache2-mod-authnz-external | grep Homepage
    Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/mod-auth-external

and there's nothing in the layer index:
https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/?q=authnz

so it looks like you'll have to write a recipe to build these modules.
Please send them to meta-oe as per:

https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/How_to_submit_a_patch_to_OpenEmbedded

Thanks,

../Randy