* BUG: af_alg bind fails for 50 % request from userspace for hash algo
@ 2017-02-15 16:42 Harsh Jain
From: Harsh Jain @ 2017-02-15 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herbert Xu, Stephan Mueller, linux-crypto, Herbert Xu

Hi Herbert/Stephen,

When I try to run 100 application which calculates sha384 digest from userspace, nearly 50 applications fail in bind system call with error ENOENT.

"crypto_alg_mod_lookup" in api.c call fails in kernel space. Issue comes in 1st try only(Seems some relation with crypto test executions).  If I execute same test again issue didn't reproduce.

Regards

Harsh Jain

* Re: BUG: af_alg bind fails for 50 % request from userspace for hash algo
@ 2017-02-17 22:25 ` Stephan Müller
From: Stephan Müller @ 2017-02-17 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harsh Jain; +Cc: Herbert Xu, linux-crypto

Am Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2017, 22:12:16 CET schrieb Harsh Jain:

Hi Harsh,

> Hi Herbert/Stephen,
>
> When I try to run 100 application which calculates sha384 digest from
> userspace, nearly 50 applications fail in bind system call with error
> ENOENT.
>
> "crypto_alg_mod_lookup" in api.c call fails in kernel space. Issue comes in
> 1st try only(Seems some relation with crypto test executions).  If I
> execute same test again issue didn't reproduce.

I can concur that once in a while I see an ENOENT too for hashes. Let me try
to investigate that.

> Regards
>
> Harsh Jain

Ciao