* sleep on Pismo, Ben's tree
@ 2002-08-12  9:21 masik
       [not found] ` <20020813063318.17261@smtp.wanadoo.fr>
From: masik @ 2002-08-12  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

Hi,

I've upgraded to
Linux version 2.4.19-ben0 (root@pbuk) (gcc version 2.95.4 20011002
(Debian prerelease)) #12 Wed Aug 7 14:27:13 CEST 2002
and since then my powerbook can't be waken up after sleep. It happened
three times -  the LCD is off so no error messages on console nor xmon
prompt can be seen. Log files are empty after reboot.
Any idea what's wrong?
cheers
        Jiri

* Re: sleep on Pismo, Ben's tree
       [not found] ` <20020813063318.17261@smtp.wanadoo.fr>
@ 2002-08-20  9:03   ` Jiri Masik
From: Jiri Masik @ 2002-08-20  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Herrenschmidt; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> writes:

> >'ve upgraded to
> >Linux version 2.4.19-ben0 (root@pbuk) (gcc version 2.95.4 20011002
> >(Debian prerelease)) #12 Wed Aug 7 14:27:13 CEST 2002
> >and since then my powerbook can't be waken up after sleep. It happened
> >three times -  the LCD is off so no error messages on console nor xmon
> >prompt can be seen. Log files are empty after reboot.
> >Any idea what's wrong?
> >cheers
> >        Jiri
>
> What is the latest tree that worked ?
>
> Ben.

Hi Ben,

I can confirm 2.4.19-rc3-ben0 (Jul 29) and earlier kernels are working
fine.

Jiri

* Re: sleep on Pismo, Ben's tree
@ 2002-08-20 14:48     ` benh
From: benh @ 2002-08-20 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiri Masik; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

>> >'ve upgraded to
>> >Linux version 2.4.19-ben0 (root@pbuk) (gcc version 2.95.4 20011002
>> >(Debian prerelease)) #12 Wed Aug 7 14:27:13 CEST 2002
>> >and since then my powerbook can't be waken up after sleep. It happened
>> >three times -  the LCD is off so no error messages on console nor xmon
>> >prompt can be seen. Log files are empty after reboot.
>> >Any idea what's wrong?
>> >cheers
>> >        Jiri
>>
>> What is the latest tree that worked ?
>>
>> Ben.
>
>Hi Ben,
>
>I can confirm 2.4.19-rc3-ben0 (Jul 29) and earlier kernels are working
>fine.

Is it actually going to sleep ? (You can see the flashing light ?)

Ben.

* Re: sleep on Pismo, Ben's tree
@ 2002-08-20 21:50       ` Jiri Masik
From: Jiri Masik @ 2002-08-20 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: benh; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

> >> What is the latest tree that worked ?
> >>
> >> Ben.
> >
> >Hi Ben,
> >
> >I can confirm 2.4.19-rc3-ben0 (Jul 29) and earlier kernels are working
> >fine.
>
> Is it actually going to sleep ? (You can see the flashing light ?)

Yes it is. I can hear some hard disk activity after opening the lid
but that's all, the LCD remains dark and no beep occurs.

Jiri

* Re: sleep on Pismo, Ben's tree
@ 2002-08-21 10:06         ` Benjamin Herrenschmidt
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt @ 2002-08-21 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiri Masik; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

>Yes it is. I can hear some hard disk activity after opening the lid
>but that's all, the LCD remains dark and no beep occurs.

Ok, I'm about to get back my old Pismo, I'll see what's up

Ben.

* Re: sleep on Pismo, Ben's tree
@ 2002-09-05  8:55           ` Jiri Masik
From: Jiri Masik @ 2002-09-05  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Herrenschmidt; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> writes:

> >Yes it is. I can hear some hard disk activity after opening the lid
> >but that's all, the LCD remains dark and no beep occurs.
>
> Ok, I'm about to get back my old Pismo, I'll see what's up
>
> Ben.

Hi Ben,

I rsynced yesterday and it works again. Thanks!
cheers
        Jiri