* C API for CPU Usage for particular User Login
@ 2003-10-09  3:26 herft
From: herft @ 2003-10-09  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Dear Friends,

I want to read CPU Usage like top command.

What I want is read CPU usage for particular user log in.

Say x,y and z are logged in and they are running separate applications.

What I want is to get the CPU usage of each user separately.

It would be somewhat like top command, but then top gives CPU usage of the
machine as a total.

Can anyone help me with giving me any clue about C apis in Linux.

Or if I can get the source code of top command.

Thanks
Sena Seneviratne

Computer Engineering Lab
Sydney University

* Re: C API for CPU Usage for particular User Login
@ 2003-10-09  8:25 ` vda
From: vda @ 2003-10-09  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: herft, linux-kernel

On Thursday 09 October 2003 06:26, herft wrote:
> Or if I can get the source code of top command.

Google for "procps .tar.gz"
There are actually two competing packages with that name,
both under GPL AFAIK.
--
vda

* Re: C API for CPU Usage for particular User Login
@ 2003-10-09  9:14   ` herft
From: herft @ 2003-10-09  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vda; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Vda,

Thanks for that.

I will see, if I can get some code for "top" and write new code to suit my
requirement.

Vda, By the way IS THERE AN APPLICATION  WHICH RUNS UNDER Linux to do this
work?

Thanks
Sena Seneviratne
Computer Engineering Lab