* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
       [not found] <1294453568.1339613.1342208396619.JavaMail.root@advansee.com>
@ 2012-07-14 21:28 ` Benoît Thébaudeau
From: Benoît Thébaudeau @ 2012-07-14 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

Has anyone tested i.MX25 or i.MX35 with dcache on?

I'm working with U-Boot 2012.04.01 on several custom platforms using these
processors.

With dcache off, everything works fine, but slowly.

With dcache on, it's much faster (e.g. mtest), but it's impossible to read
files through the eSDHC, and U-Boot hangs if trying to ping using the FEC.

Shouldn't mtest disable dcache automatically, then set it back to its original
state once finished? Otherwise, some of its tests to the memory may actually
test the dcache rather than the memory chips connections.

dcache seems to be enabled for mx35pdk, but disabled for spear3, so I'm
wondering if it has been thoroughly tested on mx35pdk.

I have added traces to arch/arm/lib/cache-cp15.c to check that the MMU is
properly initialized with the appropriate addresses, and it is.

Defining CONFIG_SYS_CACHELINE_SIZE to 32 in the board file, which sets
ARCH_DMA_MINALIGN to 32 instead of 64 does not worsen things (as expected with
32-byte cache lines).

Defining CONFIG_MMC_BOUNCE_BUFFER and/or setting the no_snoop option of the
eSDHC driver does not change anything.

Defining DEBUG in mmc.c shows that the 1st mmc_send_cmd following the retry_scr
label uses a cacheline-unaligned size that gets caught by the buffer bouncing
mechanism that reallocs it for nothing since scr has already been allocated with
a cacheline-aligned size. The requested transfer length is left unchanged by
bouncing, but it seems normal for MMC commands, and it should not be an issue as
long as allocated sizes are aligned.

Also, the mmc read commands to free RAM regions seem to work fine, so I'm
wondering if this issue is not caused only by stack-allocated buffers. I'm not
sure the data ending up in the buffers is random when there is an issue: the
pattern f783 appears very often at the position of the expected 55aa DOS
partition marker.

Shouldn't the MMC/eSDHC drivers flush/invalidate the dcache ranges that they use
for DMA operations? Not doing so would explain why stack-allocated buffers are
more affected than buffers in unused RAM areas.

As to the FEC, dcache issues with DMA seem to have been taken care of, so I'll
add traces to the FEC driver to see if there is any cacheline-unaligned buffer
passed in.

These issues could also be related to L2 on i.MX35, but I don't see any code
enabling it.

BTW, why isn't there an enable_caches function in arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/cache.c
or arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/cpu.c, just like in arch/arm/cpu/arm1136/cpu.c, so
that dcache can be enabled by default if CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF isn't defined?

Regards,
Beno?t

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-14 22:08   ` Benoît Thébaudeau
From: Benoît Thébaudeau @ 2012-07-14 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 11:28:03PM +0200, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> Shouldn't the MMC/eSDHC drivers flush/invalidate the dcache ranges
> that they use
> for DMA operations? Not doing so would explain why stack-allocated
> buffers are
> more affected than buffers in unused RAM areas.

That will help:
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-mmc.git;a=commitdiff;h=e576bd90f940806b989ffd666552081f17f032c8

I can't wait for the 2012.07 release! ;)

Beno?t

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-15  6:56     ` Dirk Behme
From: Dirk Behme @ 2012-07-15  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 15.07.2012 00:08, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 11:28:03PM +0200, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
>> Shouldn't the MMC/eSDHC drivers flush/invalidate the dcache ranges
>> that they use
>> for DMA operations? Not doing so would explain why stack-allocated
>> buffers are
>> more affected than buffers in unused RAM areas.
>
> That will help:
> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-mmc.git;a=commitdiff;h=e576bd90f940806b989ffd666552081f17f032c8

Are you sure that this patch does really help?

If I remember correctly (will re-check) we have this patch locally
applied. But even with this patch, we have issues so that we enabled
CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF, i.e. disabled the dcache.

The issues we observed *without* CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF: The SD card
was detected as 1-bit only (mmcinfo), while with dcache off it was
used as 4-bit. Debugging this showed that wrong configuration data was
read [1]. Having a fat partition on the card, mmc part/fatls etc
failed, too, with cache enabled.

Best regards

Dirk

[1]

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=drivers/mmc/mmc.c;h=aebe578ff6f2e0228baa3e5d010f6808ea269760;hb=HEAD#l856

mmc->scr[0]/scr[1] contained random data

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-15 13:45   ` Stefano Babic
From: Stefano Babic @ 2012-07-15 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 14/07/2012 23:28, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> Has anyone tested i.MX25 or i.MX35 with dcache on?
>
> I'm working with U-Boot 2012.04.01 on several custom platforms using these
> processors.
>
> With dcache off, everything works fine, but slowly.
>
> With dcache on, it's much faster (e.g. mtest), but it's impossible to read
> files through the eSDHC, and U-Boot hangs if trying to ping using the FEC.

This is known - the buffers must be invalidate, there is a pending patch
doing this.

> Shouldn't mtest disable dcache automatically, then set it back to its original
> state once finished? Otherwise, some of its tests to the memory may actually
> test the dcache rather than the memory chips connections.
>
> dcache seems to be enabled for mx35pdk, but disabled for spear3, so I'm
> wondering if it has been thoroughly tested on mx35pdk.

My last status is that ESDHC does not work with cache on, but support
for cache was already merged into the FEC driver.

> I have added traces to arch/arm/lib/cache-cp15.c to check that the MMU is
> properly initialized with the appropriate addresses, and it is.
>
> Defining CONFIG_SYS_CACHELINE_SIZE to 32 in the board file, which sets
> ARCH_DMA_MINALIGN to 32 instead of 64 does not worsen things (as expected with
> 32-byte cache lines).
>
> Defining CONFIG_MMC_BOUNCE_BUFFER and/or setting the no_snoop option of the
> eSDHC driver does not change anything.

snoop is a feture of PowerQuick SOCs, it has no meaning on i.MX.

> Defining DEBUG in mmc.c shows that the 1st mmc_send_cmd following the retry_scr
> label uses a cacheline-unaligned size that gets caught by the buffer bouncing
> mechanism that reallocs it for nothing since scr has already been allocated with
> a cacheline-aligned size. The requested transfer length is left unchanged by
> bouncing, but it seems normal for MMC commands, and it should not be an issue as
> long as allocated sizes are aligned.
>
> Also, the mmc read commands to free RAM regions seem to work fine, so I'm
> wondering if this issue is not caused only by stack-allocated buffers. I'm not
> sure the data ending up in the buffers is random when there is an issue: the
> pattern f783 appears very often at the position of the expected 55aa DOS
> partition marker.
>
> Shouldn't the MMC/eSDHC drivers flush/invalidate the dcache ranges that they use
> for DMA operations? Not doing so would explain why stack-allocated buffers are
> more affected than buffers in unused RAM areas.

Yes, and this is what the pending patch is supposed to do.

> As to the FEC, dcache issues with DMA seem to have been taken care of, so I'll
> add traces to the FEC driver to see if there is any cacheline-unaligned buffer
> passed in.

Let's know what are the results here - FEC is supposed to work.

> BTW, why isn't there an enable_caches function in arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/cache.c
> or arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/cpu.c, just like in arch/arm/cpu/arm1136/cpu.c, so
> that dcache can be enabled by default if CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF isn't defined?

For all these reasons - because the drivers do not support yet cache,
cache on MX35 remains disabled. When support for cache (= buffers are
invalidate..) flows into mainline, it will be possible to activate cache
by default.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-15 13:46     ` Stefano Babic
From: Stefano Babic @ 2012-07-15 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 15/07/2012 00:08, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 11:28:03PM +0200, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
>> Shouldn't the MMC/eSDHC drivers flush/invalidate the dcache ranges
>> that they use
>> for DMA operations? Not doing so would explain why stack-allocated
>> buffers are
>> more affected than buffers in unused RAM areas.
>
> That will help:
> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-mmc.git;a=commitdiff;h=e576bd90f940806b989ffd666552081f17f032c8

This patch is merged into u-boot-mmc. It will flow to mainline by next
Andy's (MMC custodian) pull request.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-15 14:37       ` Benoît Thébaudeau
From: Benoît Thébaudeau @ 2012-07-15 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 08:56:35AM +0200, Dirk Behme wrote:
> On 15.07.2012 00:08, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 11:28:03PM +0200, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> >> Shouldn't the MMC/eSDHC drivers flush/invalidate the dcache ranges
> >> that they use
> >> for DMA operations? Not doing so would explain why stack-allocated
> >> buffers are
> >> more affected than buffers in unused RAM areas.
> >
> > That will help:
> > http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-mmc.git;a=commitdiff;h=e576bd90f940806b989ffd666552081f17f032c8
>
> Are you sure that this patch does really help?

I meant: It's necessary, but perhaps not sufficient. I have not tested it yet.

> If I remember correctly (will re-check) we have this patch locally
> applied. But even with this patch, we have issues so that we enabled
> CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF, i.e. disabled the dcache.
>
> The issues we observed *without* CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF: The SD card
> was detected as 1-bit only (mmcinfo), while with dcache off it was
> used as 4-bit. Debugging this showed that wrong configuration data
> was
> read [1]. Having a fat partition on the card, mmc part/fatls etc
> failed, too, with cache enabled.

It's exactly the kind of issues I currently get. Was CONFIG_MMC_BOUNCE_BUFFER
defined for your tests to make sure no unaligned buffer was used? I'll tell you
if it works better for me with this patch.

Best regards,
Beno?t

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-15 14:45     ` Benoît Thébaudeau
From: Benoît Thébaudeau @ 2012-07-15 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 15/07/2012 15:45, Stefano Babic wrote:
> On 14/07/2012 23:28, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> Hi,
>
> > Has anyone tested i.MX25 or i.MX35 with dcache on?
> >
> > I'm working with U-Boot 2012.04.01 on several custom platforms
> > using these
> > processors.
> >
> > With dcache off, everything works fine, but slowly.
> >
> > With dcache on, it's much faster (e.g. mtest), but it's impossible
> > to read
> > files through the eSDHC, and U-Boot hangs if trying to ping using
> > the FEC.
>
> This is known - the buffers must be invalidate, there is a pending
> patch
> doing this.

I've seen it since, but it is not sufficient according to Dirk Behme.

> > Shouldn't mtest disable dcache automatically, then set it back to
> > its original
> > state once finished? Otherwise, some of its tests to the memory may
> > actually
> > test the dcache rather than the memory chips connections.
> >
> > dcache seems to be enabled for mx35pdk, but disabled for spear3, so
> > I'm
> > wondering if it has been thoroughly tested on mx35pdk.
>
> My last status is that ESDHC does not work with cache on, but support
> for cache was already merged into the FEC driver.

OK.

> > I have added traces to arch/arm/lib/cache-cp15.c to check that the
> > MMU is
> > properly initialized with the appropriate addresses, and it is.
> >
> > Defining CONFIG_SYS_CACHELINE_SIZE to 32 in the board file, which
> > sets
> > ARCH_DMA_MINALIGN to 32 instead of 64 does not worsen things (as
> > expected with
> > 32-byte cache lines).
> >
> > Defining CONFIG_MMC_BOUNCE_BUFFER and/or setting the no_snoop
> > option of the
> > eSDHC driver does not change anything.
>
> snoop is a feture of PowerQuick SOCs, it has no meaning on i.MX.

OK. I tried it because no_snoop is set for i.MX5 boards, so I was wondering if
it was an undocumented feature of this IP.

> > Defining DEBUG in mmc.c shows that the 1st mmc_send_cmd following
> > the retry_scr
> > label uses a cacheline-unaligned size that gets caught by the
> > buffer bouncing
> > mechanism that reallocs it for nothing since scr has already been
> > allocated with
> > a cacheline-aligned size. The requested transfer length is left
> > unchanged by
> > bouncing, but it seems normal for MMC commands, and it should not
> > be an issue as
> > long as allocated sizes are aligned.
> >
> > Also, the mmc read commands to free RAM regions seem to work fine,
> > so I'm
> > wondering if this issue is not caused only by stack-allocated
> > buffers. I'm not
> > sure the data ending up in the buffers is random when there is an
> > issue: the
> > pattern f783 appears very often at the position of the expected
> > 55aa DOS
> > partition marker.
> >
> > Shouldn't the MMC/eSDHC drivers flush/invalidate the dcache ranges
> > that they use
> > for DMA operations? Not doing so would explain why stack-allocated
> > buffers are
> > more affected than buffers in unused RAM areas.
>
> Yes, and this is what the pending patch is supposed to do.

OK.

> > As to the FEC, dcache issues with DMA seem to have been taken care
> > of, so I'll
> > add traces to the FEC driver to see if there is any
> > cacheline-unaligned buffer
> > passed in.
>
> Let's know what are the results here - FEC is supposed to work.

I'll tell you.

> > BTW, why isn't there an enable_caches function in
> > arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/cache.c
> > or arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/cpu.c, just like in
> > arch/arm/cpu/arm1136/cpu.c, so
> > that dcache can be enabled by default if CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF
> > isn't defined?
>
> For all these reasons - because the drivers do not support yet cache,
> cache on MX35 remains disabled. When support for cache (= buffers are
> invalidate..) flows into mainline, it will be possible to activate
> cache
> by default.

OK, but there is an inconsistency in that case between i.MX25 and i.MX35: These
issues are present on both, but without CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF defined, dcache is
enabled by default on i.MX35, but not on i.MX25.

Best regards,
Beno?t

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-16  6:13       ` Dirk Behme
From: Dirk Behme @ 2012-07-16  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 15.07.2012 16:45, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> On 15/07/2012 15:45, Stefano Babic wrote:
>> On 14/07/2012 23:28, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Has anyone tested i.MX25 or i.MX35 with dcache on?
>>>
>>> I'm working with U-Boot 2012.04.01 on several custom platforms
>>> using these
>>> processors.
>>>
>>> With dcache off, everything works fine, but slowly.
>>>
>>> With dcache on, it's much faster (e.g. mtest), but it's impossible
>>> to read
>>> files through the eSDHC, and U-Boot hangs if trying to ping using
>>> the FEC.
>> This is known - the buffers must be invalidate, there is a pending
>> patch
>> doing this.
>
> I've seen it since, but it is not sufficient according to Dirk Behme.

As promised I re-checked this again: The test and issue reported
previously in this thread were done on a plain v2012.04.01, so *without*
  "i.MX: fsl_esdhc: allow use with cache enabled." applied.

So I can't tell if "i.MX: fsl_esdhc: allow use with cache enabled." does
completely help or not.

Sorry for the noise, too many branches ;)

Best regards

Dirk

> [...]
>> Let's know what are the results here - FEC is supposed to work.
>
> I'll tell you.
>
>>> BTW, why isn't there an enable_caches function in
>>> arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/cache.c
>>> or arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/cpu.c, just like in
>>> arch/arm/cpu/arm1136/cpu.c, so
>>> that dcache can be enabled by default if CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF
>>> isn't defined?
>> For all these reasons - because the drivers do not support yet cache,
>> cache on MX35 remains disabled. When support for cache (= buffers are
>> invalidate..) flows into mainline, it will be possible to activate
>> cache
>> by default.
>
> OK, but there is an inconsistency in that case between i.MX25 and i.MX35: These
> issues are present on both, but without CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF defined, dcache is
> enabled by default on i.MX35, but not on i.MX25.

Dirk Behme                      Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH
                                 CM-AI/PJ-CF32
Phone: +49 5121 49-3274         Dirk Behme
Fax:   +49 711 811 5053274      PO Box 77 77 77
mailto:dirk.behme at de.bosch.com  D-31132 Hildesheim - Germany

Bosch Group, Car Multimedia (CM)
              Automotive Navigation and Infotainment Systems (AI)
              ProJect - CoreFunctions (PJ-CF)

Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH - Ein Unternehmen der Bosch Gruppe
Sitz: Hildesheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hildesheim HRB 201334
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Volkmar Denner
Gesch?ftsf?hrung: Uwe Thomas, Michael Bolle, Robby Drave, Egbert Hellwig

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-16 22:30       ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-07-16 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Dirk Behme,

> On 15.07.2012 00:08, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 11:28:03PM +0200, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> >> Shouldn't the MMC/eSDHC drivers flush/invalidate the dcache ranges
> >> that they use
> >> for DMA operations? Not doing so would explain why stack-allocated
> >> buffers are
> >> more affected than buffers in unused RAM areas.
> >
> > That will help:
> > http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-mmc.git;a=commitdiff;h=e576bd90f94080
> > 6b989ffd666552081f17f032c8
>
> Are you sure that this patch does really help?
>
> If I remember correctly (will re-check) we have this patch locally
> applied. But even with this patch, we have issues so that we enabled
> CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF, i.e. disabled the dcache.

Try using the bounce buffer as I do on mx28.

> The issues we observed *without* CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF: The SD card
> was detected as 1-bit only (mmcinfo), while with dcache off it was
> used as 4-bit. Debugging this showed that wrong configuration data was
> read [1]. Having a fat partition on the card, mmc part/fatls etc
> failed, too, with cache enabled.

Ad caches -- FEC should be fixed on these platforms, USB might work, MMC should
work if you use the bounce buffer. FAT should be fixed, so should be ext2

> Best regards
>
> Dirk
>
> [1]
>
> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=drivers/mmc/mmc.c;h=aebe578ff6f2e
> 0228baa3e5d010f6808ea269760;hb=HEAD#l856
>
> mmc->scr[0]/scr[1] contained random data

Best regards,
Marek Vasut

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-19 11:43         ` Benoît Thébaudeau
From: Benoît Thébaudeau @ 2012-07-19 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:30:22AM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> Dear Dirk Behme,
>
> > On 15.07.2012 00:08, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> > >
> > > That will help:
> > > http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-mmc.git;a=commitdiff;h=e576bd90f94080
> > > 6b989ffd666552081f17f032c8
> >
> > Are you sure that this patch does really help?
> >
> > If I remember correctly (will re-check) we have this patch locally
> > applied. But even with this patch, we have issues so that we
> > enabled
> > CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF, i.e. disabled the dcache.
>
> Try using the bounce buffer as I do on mx28.
>
> > The issues we observed *without* CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF: The SD card
> > was detected as 1-bit only (mmcinfo), while with dcache off it was
> > used as 4-bit. Debugging this showed that wrong configuration data
> > was
> > read [1]. Having a fat partition on the card, mmc part/fatls etc
> > failed, too, with cache enabled.
>
> Ad caches -- FEC should be fixed on these platforms, USB might work,
> MMC should
> work if you use the bounce buffer. FAT should be fixed, so should be
> ext2

I have switched to the git head, and applied all the latest EHCI/MSC patches
from u-boot-usb-next. Since then, all my MMC/EHCI/FEC i.MX DMA issues are
resolved, except on i.MX35 because of a huge bug in the handling of cache range
checks on ARM1136. I have just posted a patch that fixes this issue.

Best regards,
Beno?t

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-19 11:43           ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-07-19 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Beno?t Th?baudeau,

> Hi all,
>
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:30:22AM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > Dear Dirk Behme,

> > > Are you sure that this patch does really help?
> > >
> > > If I remember correctly (will re-check) we have this patch locally
> > > applied. But even with this patch, we have issues so that we
> > > enabled
> > > CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF, i.e. disabled the dcache.
> >
> > Try using the bounce buffer as I do on mx28.
> >
> > > The issues we observed *without* CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF: The SD card
> > > was detected as 1-bit only (mmcinfo), while with dcache off it was
> > > used as 4-bit. Debugging this showed that wrong configuration data
> > > was
> > > read [1]. Having a fat partition on the card, mmc part/fatls etc
> > > failed, too, with cache enabled.
> >
> > Ad caches -- FEC should be fixed on these platforms, USB might work,
> > MMC should
> > work if you use the bounce buffer. FAT should be fixed, so should be
> > ext2
>
> I have switched to the git head, and applied all the latest EHCI/MSC
> patches from u-boot-usb-next. Since then, all my MMC/EHCI/FEC i.MX DMA
> issues are resolved, except on i.MX35 because of a huge bug in the
> handling of cache range checks on ARM1136. I have just posted a patch that
> fixes this issue.

AARGH! Thank you very much!

> Best regards,
> Beno?t

Best regards,
Marek Vasut

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-19 12:43           ` Stefano Babic
From: Stefano Babic @ 2012-07-19 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 19/07/2012 13:43, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> I have switched to the git head, and applied all the latest EHCI/MSC patches
> from u-boot-usb-next.

Marek, should we maybe try to merge these patches still in the incoming
release ? It makes no sense if the release is broken and we have already
a solution to fix it.

> Since then, all my MMC/EHCI/FEC i.MX DMA issues are
> resolved, except on i.MX35 because of a huge bug in the handling of cache range
> checks on ARM1136. I have just posted a patch that fixes this issue.

Thanks for fixing !

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de

* [U-Boot] i.MX dcache issues
@ 2012-07-19 12:47             ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-07-19 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Stefano Babic,

> On 19/07/2012 13:43, Beno?t Th?baudeau wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi,
>
> > I have switched to the git head, and applied all the latest EHCI/MSC
> > patches from u-boot-usb-next.
>
> Marek, should we maybe try to merge these patches still in the incoming
> release ? It makes no sense if the release is broken and we have already
> a solution to fix it.

But Wolfgang will make three small ones of me if they break anything ;-) like
with the last release, I'm really a bit cautious here. But ok then, I'll grow
some balls and submit a pull request ;-)

> > Since then, all my MMC/EHCI/FEC i.MX DMA issues are
> > resolved, except on i.MX35 because of a huge bug in the handling of cache
> > range checks on ARM1136. I have just posted a patch that fixes this
> > issue.
>
> Thanks for fixing !
>
> Best regards,
> Stefano Babic