* poor man's or newbie's cloud?
@ 2012-07-17  5:42 Mihamina Rakotomandimby
From: Mihamina Rakotomandimby @ 2012-07-17  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

Hi all,

I have 2 physical machines, same installation, maybe some minor hardware
differences, but basically the same CPU, HDD.

I would like to experiment "the cloud" home.

I create a KVM VM (usually with virt-install) on the first machine.
I would like to
- duplicate & synchronize the 1rst VM to
   a 2nd VM on the other host: how to?
- volontarily shutdown the first VM to simulate a down and have the
   2nd  VM to be used: how to?

To my understanding, I would need at least a specific network system (a
L2 switch?) and another machine to detect the down state of the first
VM. Am I wrong?

Thank you for you indications.

--
RMA.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-07-17  5:42 UTC | newest]