* Secure Simple Pairing with old software
@ 2012-07-24 15:14 Andre Naujoks
From: Andre Naujoks @ 2012-07-24 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi all.

I am currently trying to evaluate the bluetooth capabilities of an
embeded device I am currently using and I feel kind of stupid asking
this here, because I am probably missing something.

I have a 2.6.28.10 kernel and 3.32 bluez-utils and bluez-libs on a
MPC5200 PowerPC. Is it possible to get this combination to do SSP? I
found some old threads in the mailing lists, but there was no real solution.

Does anybody have a hint, where I have to look for further information
on this? Or even some C-Code as an example? The auth-agent from the
bluez-utils package looks like a good start, but it doesn't seem to do
anything, if I just start it.

I would be very thankful for any pointers.

Regards
  Andre Naujoks

* Re: Secure Simple Pairing with old software
@ 2012-07-24 21:40 ` Gustavo Padovan
From: Gustavo Padovan @ 2012-07-24 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andre Naujoks; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Andre,

* Andre Naujoks <nautsch2@googlemail.com> [2012-07-24 17:14:19 +0200]:

> Hi all.
>
> I am currently trying to evaluate the bluetooth capabilities of an
> embeded device I am currently using and I feel kind of stupid asking
> this here, because I am probably missing something.
>
> I have a 2.6.28.10 kernel and 3.32 bluez-utils and bluez-libs on a
> MPC5200 PowerPC. Is it possible to get this combination to do SSP? I
> found some old threads in the mailing lists, but there was no real solution.

Heh, you are living in the past, SSP support only arrived in the 4.x series
and that was like 4 years ago. 3.x is deprecated these days, you won't get any
support for it here.

	Gustavo