* [Help] Use Ceph RBD as primary storage in CloudStack 4.0
@ 2012-11-13  5:38 Alex Jiang
From: Alex Jiang @ 2012-11-13  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi, All

Has somebody used Ceph RBD in CloudStack as primary storage? I see
that in the new features of CS 4.0, RBD is supported for KVM. So I
tried using RBD as primary storage but met with some problems.

I use a CentOS6.3 server as host. First I erase the qemu-kvm(0.12.1)
and libvirt(0.9.10) because their versions are too low (Qemu on the
Hypervisor has to be compiled with RBD enabled .The libvirt version on
the Hypervisor has to be at least 0.10 with RBD enabled).Then I
download the latest qemu(1.2.0) and libvirt(1.0.0) source code and
compile and install them. But when compiling qemu source code,

#wget http://wiki.qemu-project.org/download/qemu-1.2.0.tar.bz2
#tar jxvf qemu-1.2.0.tar.bz2
# cd qemu-1.2.0
# ./configure --enable-rbd

the following errors occur:
ERROR: User requested feature rados block device
ERROR: configure was not able to find it

But on Ubuntu12.04 I tried compiling qemu source code and succeed.Now
I am very confused.How to use Ceph RBD as primary storage in
CloudStack on CentOS6.3?Anyone can help me?

Best Regards,

 Alex

* Re: [Help] Use Ceph RBD as primary storage in CloudStack 4.0
@ 2012-11-13 21:28 ` Dan Mick
From: Dan Mick @ 2012-11-13 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Jiang; +Cc: ceph-devel

Hi Alex:

did you install the ceph packages before trying to build qemu?  It
sounds like qemu is looking for the Ceph libraries and not finding them.

@ 2012-11-14  9:15   ` Alex Jiang
From: Alex Jiang @ 2012-11-14  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Mick; +Cc: ceph-devel

Hi, Dan
Thank you for your reply.After installing ceph, I can compile Qemu
with RBD enable and have added the host to CloudStack successfully.