* [Powertop] [Announcement] Release of PowerTOP v2.2
@ 2012-11-15 21:08 Chris Ferron
From: Chris Ferron @ 2012-11-15 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: powertop

PowerTOP v2.2 Release
We are pleased to announce the release of PowerTOP v2.2, which concludes
a minor release.

About PowerTOP
PowerTOP is a Linux tool to diagnose issues with power consumption and
power management. In addition to being a diagnostic tool, PowerTOP also
has an interactive mode you can use to experiment with various power
management settings, for cases where the Linux distribution has not
enabled those settings.

PowerTOP reports which components in the system are most likely to blame
for higher-than-needed power consumption, ranging from software
applications to active components in the system. Detailed screens are
available for CPU C and P states, device activity, and software activity.

For many years, PowerTOP has been used heavily by Intel, Linux
distributors, and various parts of the open source community. We're
hoping that our users find the second generation even more useful for
their needs.

Highlights
Continued Transifex inclusions
Added localization of the UI, with 15 languages in progress and active.
Added UI navigation enhancement for scrolling and tab navigation.
     "Arrow Keys" now scroll the tab windows

     "Page up/down" scroll tab windows up and down

     "TAB" cycles the next window tab

     "SHIFT+TAB" cycles the previous window tab

     "ENTER" toggles tunables

     "SPACE BAR" toggles tunables

     "r KEY" refresh results and resets view of tab window

Added new report generator facility.
Added tuning suggestions for updated libata driver.
Added fixes for autoconf to better support distributions.
Added additional ARM support work.
Bug fixes and clean up

Project Details
Download: https://01.org/powertop/downloads/2012/PowerTOP-v2.2
Mailing list:
Discussions about PowerTOP occur on the PowerTOP(a)lists.01.org mailing list.
Archives are found at http://lists.01.org/pipermail/powertop
The development PowerTOP git repositories are hosted at GitHub.

HTTP: https://github.com/fenrus75/powertop.git
GIT-readonly: git://github.com/fenrus75/powertop.git
Note: We will not use any of GitHub's integrate, merge, or tracking
functions, so please continue to use the provided lists.

For localization support and contributions, we are using Transifex.
Transifex URL: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/PowerTOP/

Our thanks
For this release, we would like to give a special thanks to the
following contributors, and all contributors to PowerTOP. In no
particular order:
Mikko Rapeli, Colin Ian King, Namhyung Kim, Igor Zhbanov, Sergey
Senozhatsky, Rajagopal Venkat, Joerg Mayer, Chris E Ferron

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-11-15 21:08 UTC | newest]