* QorIQ SDKV1.3: bitbake chokes on parsing package.bbclass...
@ 2012-12-24  6:19 Bob Cochran
From: Bob Cochran @ 2012-12-24  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello,

Just started working with yocto sdkv1.3 tonight, which I downloaded from
FSL web site.  I'm working with p1010rdb, and I tried to bake some
custom recipes.

parse_python() inside codeparser.py errors (IndentationError: unexpected
indent) when it tries to parse python function populate_packages inside
package.bbclass.

It looks like it is choking on the tabs inside populate_packages().

FYI: package.bbclass was patched on yocto's poky master branch on 7/11
to convert tabs into 4 spaces (commit:
bfd279de3275abbfaf3e630383ec244131e0375f).

Looking at FSL's poky.git on git.freescale.com, it appears that this
patch wasn't picked up.

Bob

* Re: QorIQ SDKV1.3: bitbake chokes on parsing package.bbclass...
@ 2012-12-24  6:58 ` Luo Zhenhua-B19537
From: Luo Zhenhua-B19537 @ 2012-12-24  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Cochran; +Cc: meta-freescale

Bob,

Have you met the parse error when building default rootfs images? I guess this issue only happens on your customized recipe, right? This SDK has been verified on typical Linux distros(Ubuntu, Redhat, Fedora, CentOS, openSUSE) with Python 2.6/2.7.

BTW, what's the Linux distro and python version on your machine?

Best Regards,

Zhenhua

@ 2012-12-24 15:28   ` Bob Cochran
From: Bob Cochran @ 2012-12-24 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luo Zhenhua-B19537; +Cc: meta-freescale

On 12/24/2012 01:58 AM, Luo Zhenhua-B19537 wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Have you met the parse error when building default rootfs images? I guess this issue only happens on your customized recipe, right?

Hi Zhenhua,

I only tried two things after installing sdkv1.3:  bitbake
core-image-minimal (no build problems) and bitbake <my-custom-image>
(had the parse problem with package.bbclass)

I'm wondering why you bother bundling poky with your SDK. Why not just
release the meta-fsl-* layers and point the user to which poky branch &
tag you tested against?  If this was the case, then I would just need to
fast forward the poky branch to pick up patches.

I continue to be confused why FSL maintains two repos for meta-fsl-ppc.
  The one on git.freescale.com is obviously ahead, but the one on yocto
does have some recent, selective patches.

As a SW developer for QorIQ, it would be my preference that the yocto
(BSP) repositories for meta-fsl-* were just a mirror of
git.freescale.com and Freescale wouldn't bother to maintain a separate
poky repo (just patch the one on yocto / OE and reference it).

Wouldn't this be easier for everyone?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

This SDK has been verified on typical Linux distros(Ubuntu, Redhat,
Fedora, CentOS, openSUSE) with Python 2.6/2.7.

> BTW, what's the Linux distro and python version on your machine?

FYI: I use Ubuntu 12.04.1, and Python 2.7.3

Thanks,

Bob

@ 2012-12-25  2:38     ` Luo Zhenhua-B19537
From: Luo Zhenhua-B19537 @ 2012-12-25  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
> On 12/24/2012 01:58 AM, Luo Zhenhua-B19537 wrote:
> > Bob,
> >
> > Have you met the parse error when building default rootfs images? I
> guess this issue only happens on your customized recipe, right?
>
> Hi Zhenhua,
>
> I only tried two things after installing sdkv1.3:  bitbake core-image-
> minimal (no build problems) and bitbake <my-custom-image> (had the parse
> problem with package.bbclass)
>
> I'm wondering why you bother bundling poky with your SDK. Why not just
> release the meta-fsl-* layers and point the user to which poky branch &
> tag you tested against?  If this was the case, then I would just need to
> fast forward the poky branch to pick up patches.
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] The SDK is convenient for the user who has no/limited internet access, we created corresponding tags for each SDK on git.freescale.com, fsl-sdk-v1.3 is for SDK 1.3. BTW, packages in meta-fsl-ppc-private is not published to FSL public git repository due to legal reason, we are working on moving all stuffs into public Yocto layers.

> I continue to be confused why FSL maintains two repos for meta-fsl-ppc.
>   The one on git.freescale.com is obviously ahead, but the one on yocto
> does have some recent, selective patches.
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] Yocto in git.freescale.com is equivalent to each SDK release, and poky/meta-oe in this repository might not be the recent. Yocto in upstream git repository is compatible with recent upstream layers(poky, meta-oe), so meta-fsl-ppc is also updated along with update with poky/meta-oe.

> As a SW developer for QorIQ, it would be my preference that the yocto
> (BSP) repositories for meta-fsl-* were just a mirror of git.freescale.com
> and Freescale wouldn't bother to maintain a separate poky repo (just
> patch the one on yocto / OE and reference it).
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] meta-fsl-ppc in SDK and git.freescale.com is equivalent. You can checkout related tag.

> Wouldn't this be easier for everyone?
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] Yes.

> > BTW, what's the Linux distro and python version on your machine?
>
> FYI: I use Ubuntu 12.04.1, and Python 2.7.3
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] This Linux is in the coverage of our testing.

Best Regards,

Zhenhua

* Re: QorIQ SDKV1.3: bitbake chokes on parsing package.bbclass...
@ 2013-01-02 19:17 ` McClintock Matthew-B29882
From: McClintock Matthew-B29882 @ 2013-01-02 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Cochran; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Bob Cochran <yocto@mindchasers.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just started working with yocto sdkv1.3 tonight, which I downloaded from FSL
> web site.  I'm working with p1010rdb, and I tried to bake some custom
> recipes.
>
> parse_python() inside codeparser.py errors (IndentationError: unexpected
> indent) when it tries to parse python function populate_packages inside
> package.bbclass.
>
> It looks like it is choking on the tabs inside populate_packages().
>
> FYI: package.bbclass was patched on yocto's poky master branch on 7/11 to
> convert tabs into 4 spaces (commit:
> bfd279de3275abbfaf3e630383ec244131e0375f).
>
> Looking at FSL's poky.git on git.freescale.com, it appears that this patch
> wasn't picked up.

Can you clarify what repo's you are using?

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-ppc/tree/README?h=master-next

This list is more focused on the yoctoproject.org repos

-M

* Re: QorIQ SDKV1.3: bitbake chokes on parsing package.bbclass...
@ 2013-01-05 14:02   ` Bob Cochran
From: Bob Cochran @ 2013-01-05 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: McClintock Matthew-B29882; +Cc: meta-freescale

On 01/02/2013 02:17 PM, McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Bob Cochran <yocto@mindchasers.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just started working with yocto sdkv1.3 tonight, which I downloaded from FSL
>> web site.  I'm working with p1010rdb, and I tried to bake some custom
>> recipes.
>>
>> parse_python() inside codeparser.py errors (IndentationError: unexpected
>> indent) when it tries to parse python function populate_packages inside
>> package.bbclass.
>>
>> It looks like it is choking on the tabs inside populate_packages().
>>
>> FYI: package.bbclass was patched on yocto's poky master branch on 7/11 to
>> convert tabs into 4 spaces (commit:
>> bfd279de3275abbfaf3e630383ec244131e0375f).
>>
>> Looking at FSL's poky.git on git.freescale.com, it appears that this patch
>> wasn't picked up.
>
> Can you clarify what repo's you are using?
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-ppc/tree/README?h=master-next
>
> This list is more focused on the yoctoproject.org repos
>
> -M

Matthew,

Yes, I was referring to the sdk1.3 release that I pulled down from the
FSL website.  The problem is with the poky meta data, so that's why I
posted the problem here.

Where should I have posted the problem?

Thanks,

Bob