* media controller interface
@ 2013-02-06 19:29 Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2013-02-06 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Any idea why /dev/media0 is not available to "media" users,
in particular those in group 'video'?  On my system I see:

   $ ls -l /dev/vid*
   crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 0 Feb  6 18:45 /dev/video0
   crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 1 Feb  6 18:45 /dev/video1
   crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 2 Feb  6 18:45 /dev/video2
   crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 3 Feb  6 18:45 /dev/video3
   $ ls -l /dev/media0
   crw------- 1 root root 253, 0 Feb  6 18:45 /dev/media0

So my actual media files are usable by my 'video' user, but
not the media controller interface.

Also, where are these devices created?  I'm running udev 182

Thanks for any pointers

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-02-06 19:36 UTC | newest]