* will git provide `submodule remove` option ?‏
@ 2013-02-05 10:32 Lingcha X
From: Lingcha X @ 2013-02-05 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

As we all know, git provides `submodule add , init, update, sync, sumary, foreach, status`, but where is `submodule remove`?

will
 I not delete one of them sometime in the future? Although most people
will not use submodule or one who uses it can remove submodule by hand, providing complete options may be a good idea.

I am not familiar with C, but i can help test it. will anyone finish this feature?

----
Thanks and Best Regards,
lingchax

* Re: will git provide `submodule remove` option ?‏
@ 2013-02-06 21:27 ` Jens Lehmann
From: Jens Lehmann @ 2013-02-06 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lingcha X; +Cc: git

Am 05.02.2013 11:32, schrieb Lingcha X:
> As we all know, git provides `submodule add , init, update, sync, sumary, foreach, status`, but where is `submodule remove`?
>
> will
>  I not delete one of them sometime in the future? Although most people
> will not use submodule or one who uses it can remove submodule by hand, providing complete options may be a good idea.

Is assume either "git rm <submodule>" (available since 1.8.1) or the upcoming
"git submodule deinit" (currently in pu) will do what you want?

* RE: will git provide `submodule remove` option ?‏
@ 2013-02-07  5:45   ` Lingcha X
From: Lingcha X @ 2013-02-07  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Lehmann; +Cc: git

Hi Jens,
    `git rm -r submodule` will not do the same thing, i do NOT know if `git submodule deinit`, i will have some tests.
----
Thanks and Best Regards,
lingchax