* Status of UEFI (ovmf) with hvm domUs
@ 2013-02-07 12:27 Fabio Fantoni
From: Fabio Fantoni @ 2013-02-07 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel, Ian Campbell, Stefano Stabellini

I haven't seen mail about eufi support on hvm domUs (ovmf) for a long time.
I'm interested in trying it with xen-unstable.
Someone can tell me if there is something to add to have it working
and/or ovmf git need to be updated?

Thanks for any reply.

[-- Attachment #1.2: Firma crittografica S/MIME --]

* Re: Status of UEFI (ovmf) with hvm domUs
@ 2013-02-07 12:48 ` Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen
From: Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen @ 2013-02-07 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fantonifabio, xen-devel, Ian Campbell, Stefano Stabellini

I have been running Windows 8 and server 2012 HVM on OVMF for some time. I used the latest OVMF build from the edk2 source with xen-unstable. It works fine, except that the vnc connection doesn't update the picture, so I have to open and close the vnc window for updating the picture, until I have enabled remote desktop in windows. I also tried to pass through some USB ports with success, the passing through my intel hd 4000 gfx, does not work even in secondary mode.

@ 2013-02-07 16:28   ` Fabio Fantoni
From: Fabio Fantoni @ 2013-02-07 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen; +Cc: xen-devel, Ian Campbell, Stefano Stabellini

Il 07/02/2013 13:48, Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen ha scritto:

> [...]

Thanks for reply.
I built successfull ovmf with xen-unstable with this changes:
./configure --enable-ovmf
vi Config.mk
OVMF_UPSTREAM_URL ?= git://github.com/tianocore/edk2.git
OVMF_UPSTREAM_REVISION ?= master
# Added patch for support gcc4.7 and rispective change in
tools/firmware/ovmf-makefile

After that I tested it adding bios="ovmf" on domU's xl cfg.
The domU starts but performance is very poor (similar to qemu without
xen or kvm or worse).
Tried with Windows 7 and Fedora 18: they start loading but never reach a
complete boot (even after about 10 minutes).

Are there any others specific task to do?

Thanks for any reply.

@ 2013-02-08  7:32     ` Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen
From: Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen @ 2013-02-08  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fantonifabio; +Cc: xen-devel, Ian Campbell, Stefano Stabellini

When you say that they newer reach a complete boot, have you then tried to close your vnc and reconnect?

@ 2013-02-08  8:52       ` Fabio Fantoni
From: Fabio Fantoni @ 2013-02-08  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen; +Cc: xen-devel, Ian Campbell, Stefano Stabellini