* How can I find out the ssid of an inteface in AP mode?
@ 2013-02-14 19:27 Beat Meier
From: Beat Meier @ 2013-02-14 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Wireless List

Hello

How can I find out the ssid of an inteface in AP mode (using hostapd)?

I have several hostapd files and dependend on several stuff I start
hostap with different config files.
One difference is the ssid and at runtime I need to know which is active
with some scripts.

I have still not found how to get this information if the interface is
in AP mode because
   iw dev wlan0 link
does not work in AP mode...
In my opinion this could be implemented in
   iw dev wlan0 survey dump
which also prints the frecuency IF REALY not already implemented...

No one does need this feature?

Greetings

Beat