* Bitbake / oe-core anomaly with multilibs
@ 2013-03-18 19:12 Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2013-03-18 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel

I found a strange situation today and I'm looking for an explanation to see if
it's a bug or not.

Between a .bb and .bbappend file, I end up with a situation where
"reproducer.bb" and "reproducer.bbappend" get the following:

RDEPENDS_${PN} += "hello1"
RDEPENDS_reproducer += "hello2"

When evaluatated (bitbake -e reproducer) I get:

#
# $RDEPENDS_reproducer [2 operations]
#   append
/home/mhatle/git/oss/oe-core/local/recipes-sample/hello/reproducer_1.0.bb:16
#     "hello2"
#   rename from RDEPENDS_${PN} data.py:161 [expandKeys]
#     " hello1"
# computed:
#   " hello1"
RDEPENDS_reproducer="hello1"

So that tells me that it was initially set to "hello2", and then the ${PN}
expansion occurred, causing it to be set to "hello1".

So my first question is, should this be "hello1", "hello2", "hello1 hello2" or
"hello2 hello1"?

The second issue is a bit stranger.. if I change the build from "reproducer" to
"lib32-reproducer", I get a different result:

# $RDEPENDS_lib32-reproducer [3 operations]
#   rename from RDEPENDS_${PN} data.py:161 [expandKeys]
#     " hello1"
#   rename from RDEPENDS_reproducer classextend.py:95 [rename_package_variables]
#     " hello2"
#   set classextend.py:71 [map_depends_variable]
#     "lib32-hello2"
# computed:
#   "lib32-hello2"
RDEPENDS_lib32-reproducer="lib32-hello2"

This time the system pulled in the ${PN} version first (obviously expanded it),
and then turned out and found the RDEPENDS_reproducer, and remapped it to
RDEPENDS_lib32-reproducer replacing the origin ${PN} version.

So I have two concerns, the first is the value is 'different' from the
non-multilib version, and second, what should the expected output be for this item?

Thanks for any insight!
--Mark