* [Xenomai] native task status
@ 2013-03-24  2:40 Tom Z
From: Tom Z @ 2013-03-24  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,

I create a rt_task in user space program by rt_task_create(), and in a kernel module I use use rt_task_inquire to get rt_task_info of this task during execution. I notice that rt_task_info:status of this task is 0x300180 during its execution, and if I call rt_task_suspend on it, the status is 0x300181. So where is the task status value defined? I examined nucleus/thread.h, and it seems there are numbers like 0x300180 or 0x300181.

Thanks,
Tom

* Re: [Xenomai] native task status
@ 2013-03-24 12:43 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2013-03-24 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Z; +Cc: xenomai

On 03/24/2013 03:40 AM, Tom Z wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I create a rt_task in user space program by rt_task_create(), and in
> a kernel module I use use rt_task_inquire to get rt_task_info of this
> task during execution. I notice that rt_task_info:status of this task
> is 0x300180 during its execution, and if I call rt_task_suspend on
> it, the status is 0x300181. So where is the task status value
> defined? I examined nucleus/thread.h, and it seems there are numbers
> like 0x300180 or 0x300181.

Hi,

please configure your mail client to wrap lines.

The function rt_task_inquire is documented in xenomai doxygen
documentation, available here:
http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-2.6/html/api/group__task.html#ga53bad6acf5496f8008e594954507dce8

And on your disk after running "make install". From there you should be
able to find the rtask_info::status field documentation.

Regards.

--
                                                                Gilles.

* Re: [Xenomai] native task status
@ 2013-03-24 16:30 ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2013-03-24 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Z; +Cc: xenomai

On 03/24/2013 03:40 AM, Tom Z wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I create a rt_task in user space program by rt_task_create(), and in a kernel module I use use rt_task_inquire to get rt_task_info of this task during execution. I notice that rt_task_info:status of this task is 0x300180 during its execution, and if I call rt_task_suspend on it, the status is 0x300181. So where is the task status value defined? I examined nucleus/thread.h, and it seems there are numbers like 0x300180 or 0x300181.

This status is a bitmask. XNSUSP from include/nucleus/thread.h is set
when the task is forcibly suspended.

> Thanks,
> Tom

Philippe.