* attach multiple programs to tun/tap interface
@ 2013-04-01 17:12 Prashant Batra
From: Prashant Batra @ 2013-04-01 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev, linux-newbie

Hi,

I have a basic query on tun/tap driver design. Is it possible to attach
multiple user-space programs to the same tun/tap interface. I have not
set the interface as EXCLUSIVE,
but still on trying to do ioctl with cmd as “TUNSETIFF” from the second
user space program, I get “Device busy”.

Seeing through the driver code, it looks like it does not allow multiple
user-programs to attach to the same interface, but is this valid, and
please let me know why this requirement was taken.

Will you please help me in understanding this?

Thanks,
Prashant

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-04-01 17:13 UTC | newest]