* RBD image format in rbd_stat()
@ 2013-05-13 11:55 Wido den Hollander
From: Wido den Hollander @ 2013-05-13 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi,

While implementing the RADOS/RBD Java bindings for usage in CloudStack I
stumbled upon the problem of finding out if a RBD image is format 1 or
2, due to snapshotting and layering.

I found out that rbd_image_t doesn't contain a field "format", and you
gave to use rbd_get_old_format() to find out if a image is format 1 or 2.

rbd_stat however also has a size parameter which isn't used right now
when looking at the librbd code.

Couldn't a 'format' field be added to rbd_image_t and maintain backwards
compatibility by actually looking at the size parameter? That wouldn't
break any existing code.

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.

Phone: +31 (0)20 700 9902
Skype: contact42on

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-05-13 11:55 UTC | newest]