* ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2013-05-29  8:10 Jan Glauber
From: Jan Glauber @ 2013-05-29  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi list,

what's the status of suspend-to-disk on ARM? The most recent discussion I
found is:
http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2012-November/034997.html

with no replies at all. Is anyone still working on that? Anyone got it running?

I tried the patch above (on top of LTS 3.4) and got stuck forever, the last
thing on the console was:

root at omap5:/sys/power# echo disk > state
[ 2015.641540] PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
[ 2015.666870] PM: Preallocating image memory... done (allocated 16957 pages)
[ 2016.062011] PM: Allocated 67828 kbytes in 0.38 seconds (178.49 MB/s)

Any hint how to debug that?

thanks,
Jan

* [linux-pm] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2013-05-29  8:25 ` Viresh Kumar
From: Viresh Kumar @ 2013-05-29  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On 29 May 2013 13:40, Jan Glauber <jan.glauber@gmail.com> wrote:
> what's the status of suspend-to-disk on ARM? The most recent discussion I
> found is:
> http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2012-November/034997.html
>
> with no replies at all. Is anyone still working on that? Anyone got it running?
>
> I tried the patch above (on top of LTS 3.4) and got stuck forever, the last
> thing on the console was:
>
> root at omap5:/sys/power# echo disk > state
> [ 2015.641540] PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
> [ 2015.666870] PM: Preallocating image memory... done (allocated 16957 pages)
> [ 2016.062011] PM: Allocated 67828 kbytes in 0.38 seconds (178.49 MB/s)
>
> Any hint how to debug that?

I know it is still broken and I had discussion with Kevin in past
regarding that. See below.

@ 2013-05-29 17:23 ` Russ Dill
From: Russ Dill @ 2013-05-29 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On 05/29/2013 01:10 AM, Jan Glauber wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> what's the status of suspend-to-disk on ARM? The most recent discussion I
> found is:
> http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2012-November/034997.html
>
> with no replies at all. Is anyone still working on that? Anyone got it running?
>
> I tried the patch above (on top of LTS 3.4) and got stuck forever, the last
> thing on the console was:
>
> root at omap5:/sys/power# echo disk > state
> [ 2015.641540] PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
> [ 2015.666870] PM: Preallocating image memory... done (allocated 16957 pages)
> [ 2016.062011] PM: Allocated 67828 kbytes in 0.38 seconds (178.49 MB/s)
>
> Any hint how to debug that?
>
> thanks,
> Jan

Because of the nature of omap5 PM, you'd need omap5 specific support in
order for this to work. Specifically, there are a number of assumptions
about certain power domains never losing state. You can take a look at
the work I did to get this working on am335x here:

https://github.com/russdill/linux/commits/arm-hibernation-am33xx

For ARM hibernation support to get merged, there needs to be at least
one platform that supports it. the am335x code I have is not ready as it
still relies on PM patchsets that have not yet themselves been merged.

* [linux-pm] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2014-01-28 14:14   ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2014-01-28 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi!

> > what's the status of suspend-to-disk on ARM? The most recent discussion I
> > found is:
> > http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2012-November/034997.html
> >
> > with no replies at all. Is anyone still working on that? Anyone got it running?
> >
> > I tried the patch above (on top of LTS 3.4) and got stuck forever, the last
> > thing on the console was:
> >
> > root at omap5:/sys/power# echo disk > state
> > [ 2015.641540] PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
> > [ 2015.666870] PM: Preallocating image memory... done (allocated 16957 pages)
> > [ 2016.062011] PM: Allocated 67828 kbytes in 0.38 seconds (178.49 MB/s)
> >
> > Any hint how to debug that?
>
> Because of the nature of omap5 PM, you'd need omap5 specific support in
> order for this to work. Specifically, there are a number of assumptions
> about certain power domains never losing state. You can take a look at
> the work I did to get this working on am335x here:
>
> https://github.com/russdill/linux/commits/arm-hibernation-am33xx
>
> For ARM hibernation support to get merged, there needs to be at least
> one platform that supports it. the am335x code I have is not ready as it
> still relies on PM patchsets that have not yet themselves been merged.

Given that we have chicken-and-egg problem here, I believe it makes sense
to merge generic ARM hibernation support now.
								Pavel

* [linux-pm] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2014-01-28 18:22     ` Sebastian Capella
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Sebastian Capella @ 2014-01-28 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Quoting Pavel Machek (2014-01-28 06:14:58)
> > > what's the status of suspend-to-disk on ARM? The most recent discussion I
> > > found is:
> > > http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2012-November/034997.html
> > >
> > > with no replies at all. Is anyone still working on that? Anyone got it running?

Hi Pavel, Russ,

I have been looking and working with Russ' most recent branch based
on the 3.12 kernel, which includes the big pile of patches for OMAP.
(https://github.com/russdill/linux/commits/arm-hibernation-am33xx-v3.12)

He has hibernation mostly working and I have been able to run 1400 or
so entry/exits overnight there on beaglebone black without issue.
Combining this with device activity has been tricky.  An active
network will lose the link on restore.  Active SD traffic will
eventually hang (Last night ran for about 11 hours before hanging
after ~350 or so hibernations).  I have not found where this is or
the cause.

> > For ARM hibernation support to get merged, there needs to be at least
> > one platform that supports it. the am335x code I have is not ready as it
> > still relies on PM patchsets that have not yet themselves been merged.
>
> Given that we have chicken-and-egg problem here, I believe it makes sense
> to merge generic ARM hibernation support now.

If you want to go ahead with upstreaming the base patch, Russ, would you
like me to do that for you or will you have time to do this?

Otherwise, I am still looking at how to get this upstream by verifying
on omap 5.  In my case, I still have the chicken egg problem, where I'm
trying to verify on omap 5 with out of tree patches.

Thanks,

Sebastian

* [linux-pm] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2014-01-28 18:30       ` Sebastian Capella
From: Sebastian Capella @ 2014-01-28 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Quoting Sebastian Capella (2014-01-28 10:22:45)
> Otherwise, I am still looking at how to get this upstream by verifying
> on omap 5.  In my case, I still have the chicken egg problem, where I'm
> trying to verify on omap 5 with out of tree patches.

Sorry, incorrect, I'm verifying on Beaglebone black not OMAP 5.

* [linux-pm] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2014-01-30 18:06       ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2014-01-30 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi!

> Hi Pavel, Russ,
>
> I have been looking and working with Russ' most recent branch based
> on the 3.12 kernel, which includes the big pile of patches for OMAP.
> (https://github.com/russdill/linux/commits/arm-hibernation-am33xx-v3.12)
>
> He has hibernation mostly working and I have been able to run 1400 or
> so entry/exits overnight there on beaglebone black without issue.
> Combining this with device activity has been tricky.  An active
> network will lose the link on restore.  Active SD traffic will
> eventually hang (Last night ran for about 11 hours before hanging
> after ~350 or so hibernations).  I have not found where this is or
> the cause.

Yeah, but those are driver problems, right? 1400 suspends is very
nice, and it shows that the core is working. That should be enough for
merge; driver problems can be solved later.

Thanks,
									Pavel

* [linux-pm] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2014-01-30 18:27         ` Sebastian Capella
From: Sebastian Capella @ 2014-01-30 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Quoting Pavel Machek (2014-01-30 10:06:39)
> Yeah, but those are driver problems, right? 1400 suspends is very
> nice, and it shows that the core is working. That should be enough for
> merge; driver problems can be solved later.

Hi Pavel,

I spoke to Russ, and he's ok with me sending this on his behalf.

Let me prepare it for review and I'll send it out.

Thanks,

Sebastian

* [linux-pm] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2014-02-16 13:11       ` TonyHo
From: TonyHo @ 2014-02-16 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Sebastian Capella <sebastian.capella <at> linaro.org> writes:

> Quoting Pavel Machek (2014-01-28 06:14:58)
November/034997.html

> Hi Pavel, Russ,
>
> I have been looking and working with Russ' most recent branch based
> on the 3.12 kernel, which includes the big pile of patches for OMAP.
> (https://github.com/russdill/linux/commits/arm-hibernation-am33xx-v3.12)
>
> He has hibernation mostly working and I have been able to run 1400 or
> so entry/exits overnight there on beaglebone black without issue.
> Combining this with device activity has been tricky.  An active
> network will lose the link on restore.  Active SD traffic will
> eventually hang (Last night ran for about 11 hours before hanging
> after ~350 or so hibernations).  I have not found where this is or
> the cause.
>
> > > For ARM hibernation support to get merged, there needs to be at least
> > > one platform that supports it. the am335x code I have is not ready as
it
> > > still relies on PM patchsets that have not yet themselves been merged.
> >
> > Given that we have chicken-and-egg problem here, I believe it makes
sense
> > to merge generic ARM hibernation support now.
>
> If you want to go ahead with upstreaming the base patch, Russ, would you
> like me to do that for you or will you have time to do this?
>
> Otherwise, I am still looking at how to get this upstream by verifying
> on omap 5.  In my case, I still have the chicken egg problem, where I'm
> trying to verify on omap 5 with out of tree patches.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sebastian

Hi Sebastian ,Pavel ,Russ:
 I want to build the kernel https://github.com/russdill/linux/commits/arm-
hibernation-am33xx-v3.12 to be used in BeagleBone black too, after I clone
and checkout the branch, I'm not sure whether my opration is right, can
someone help me to comfirm?
Below is my operation:
1. make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/media/work/BBB/tools/arm-2010.09/bin/arm-
none-linux-gnueabi- omap2plus_defconfig . Is the omap2plus_defconfig is
right configuration file?
2. russdill says his board is BeagleBone(http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=3hdbH-Ur-hE), so if there would be some modificaiton to be done before
compile this source code?
3. Is there any intructions about using and compiling the hibernation source
code?

* [linux-pm] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2014-02-24 21:54         ` Sebastian Capella
From: Sebastian Capella @ 2014-02-24 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Quoting TonyHo (2014-02-16 05:11:47)
> Hi Sebastian ,Pavel ,Russ:
>  I want to build the kernel https://github.com/russdill/linux/commits/arm-
> hibernation-am33xx-v3.12 to be used in BeagleBone black too, after I clone
> and checkout the branch, I'm not sure whether my opration is right, can
> someone help me to comfirm?
> Below is my operation:
> 1. make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/media/work/BBB/tools/arm-2010.09/bin/arm-
> none-linux-gnueabi- omap2plus_defconfig . Is the omap2plus_defconfig is
> right configuration file?
> 2. russdill says his board is BeagleBone(http://www.youtube.com/watch?
> v=3hdbH-Ur-hE), so if there would be some modificaiton to be done before
> compile this source code?
> 3. Is there any intructions about using and compiling the hibernation source
> code?

Hi Tony,

I use omap2plus_defconfig.

I have been working with BeagleBone Black (bbb) for hibernation on this branch:

http://git.linaro.org/git-ro/people/sebastian.capella/linux.git hibernation_3.13_russMerge

I ran into a few minor issues on Russ' branch for bbb that I had to work
around.  In the end it worked fine, but I know I had to add some entries
in the dts files at least for it to work.

On bbb I'm resuming from initramfs by echoing the hibernation
swap device onto /sys/power/resume during my initscript, but before
remounting the partitions.  You may need to do similar.

You will have to change power managemennt -> hibernation to on in
menuconfig.

I can help more, please let me know what you have and how you'd like to
set it up.

Thanks!

Sebastian

* [linux-pm] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2014-03-02  7:57           ` tonyho
From: tonyho @ 2014-03-02  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi Sebastian:
You're kind, and thank you firtly.
Now I have try to booting you hibernation_3.13_russMerge branch kernel
from uboot(Version 2013-10) in BBB, and I don't know how to build the dtb.
I have built the uImage using:
1. make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/media/work/BBB/tools/arm-2010.09/bin/arm-
none-linux-gnueabi- omap2plus_defconfig && make ARCH=arm
CROSS_COMPILE=/media/work/BBB/tools/arm-2010.09/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
uImage LOADADDR=0x80008000
2. And I load the uImage using the ext4load from TF card?
(1)ext4load mmc 0:2 80007f00 /boot/uImage
(2)and 'iminfo 0x80007f00' hints image is OK.
(3)The Kernel Command Line is 'init=/linuxrc console=ttyO0,115200n8
run_hardware_tests root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ro rootfstype=ext4 rootwait' and
I select the 'Always use the default kernel command line'
and the configuration has been verified in other version linux kernel
source code.
(4)But when I 'bootm 80007f00', it just print the 'Starting kernel ...'
and nothing more. And the USERLED0-3 in BBB are off.
3. I guess this is caused by I haven't load a dts to memory
(1)Can you tell me how to build the dtb? Like 'make XXX.dtb/dts'?
(2)And which dtb should be loaded into memory? What the address should
be load for the dtb files?

4. I use the busybox to be the rootfs, and it test OK. I prepare add a
resume command to /sys/power/resume in inittab. Should this work?

@ 2014-03-04  5:12             ` Sebastian Capella
From: Sebastian Capella @ 2014-03-04  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Quoting tonyho (2014-03-01 23:57:31)
> Now I have try to booting you hibernation_3.13_russMerge branch kernel
> from uboot(Version 2013-10) in BBB, and I don't know how to build the dtb.
> I have built the uImage using:
> 1. make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/media/work/BBB/tools/arm-2010.09/bin/arm-
> none-linux-gnueabi- omap2plus_defconfig && make ARCH=arm
> CROSS_COMPILE=/media/work/BBB/tools/arm-2010.09/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
> uImage LOADADDR=0x80008000
Hi Tony, you'll want to do:
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/media/work/BBB/tools/arm-2010.09/bin/arm- dtbs

This will generate dtb files in arch/arm/boot/dts/

>From there, you must take the correct dtb file and include it in your
u-boot.

You'll have to point the bootup to the dtb image you load.

> 2. And I load the uImage using the ext4load from TF card?
> (1)ext4load mmc 0:2 80007f00 /boot/uImage
> (2)and 'iminfo 0x80007f00' hints image is OK.
> (3)The Kernel Command Line is 'init=/linuxrc console=ttyO0,115200n8
> run_hardware_tests root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ro rootfstype=ext4 rootwait' and
> I select the 'Always use the default kernel command line'
> and the configuration has been verified in other version linux kernel
> source code.
> (4)But when I 'bootm 80007f00', it just print the 'Starting kernel ...'
This is what you expect when it can't find the dtb image, as the dtb is
required to boot.

> and nothing more. And the USERLED0-3 in BBB are off.
> 3. I guess this is caused by I haven't load a dts to memory
> (1)Can you tell me how to build the dtb? Like 'make XXX.dtb/dts'?
> (2)And which dtb should be loaded into memory? What the address should
> be load for the dtb files?

If you're using beaglebone black, use am335x-boneblack.dtb

The load address is tricky a bit, the answer is it depends on where you
have room.

I'm probably not much help here.

> 4. I use the busybox to be the rootfs, and it test OK. I prepare add a
> resume command to /sys/power/resume in inittab. Should this work?

For now, probably just get everything booting.  If you can, use an
initrd or initramfs and boot it there.  Once you mount rootfs really on
the SD card, it's too late as you'll corrupt your filesystem.

Sorry about my delayed responses.  I'm in Macao at the Linaro Connect,
but will check emails from time to time.

Thanks,

Sebastian

* [linux-pm] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2014-03-04 11:04               ` TonyHo
From: TonyHo @ 2014-03-04 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi Sebastian:
     Thank you. And I'm in Shanghai, it's not far from the Macao, both
in China, ha.
The system can boot up normal now. And I want to make the hibernation,
but error occurs. I want to save the hibernation image in
/dev/mmcblk0p3(device id 179:3), and I configure this in menuconfig:
/ # cat /sys/power/resume 179:3
When I echo a disk to /sys/power/state , it hints(partly log):
[ 49.426656] omap_uart 44e09000.serial: no wakeirq for uart0
[ 49.594385] PM: thaw of devices complete after 171.291 msecs
[ 49.661876] PM: Cannot find swap device, try swapon -a.
[ 49.667356] PM: Cannot get swap writer
[ 49.722677] Restarting tasks ... done. ash: write error: No such device

But I can find my device /dev/mmcblk0p3, and its size is about 2GB, and
it's not mounted in system,it can be mounted with ext4 filesystem.
/ # ls -l /dev/mmcblk*
brw-rw---- 1 0 0 179, 3 Jan 1 00:01 /dev/mmcblk0p3

It says cannot find swap device, but the CONFIG_SWAP=y is checked.
It seems I miss something?

@ 2014-03-05  0:16                 ` Sebastian Capella
From: Sebastian Capella @ 2014-03-05  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Quoting TonyHo (2014-03-04 03:04:08)
> Hi Sebastian:
>      Thank you. And I'm in Shanghai, it's not far from the Macao, both
> in China, ha.
> The system can boot up normal now. And I want to make the hibernation,
> but error occurs. I want to save the hibernation image in
> /dev/mmcblk0p3(device id 179:3), and I configure this in menuconfig:
> / # cat /sys/power/resume 179:3
> When I echo a disk to /sys/power/state , it hints(partly log):
> [ 49.426656] omap_uart 44e09000.serial: no wakeirq for uart0
> [ 49.594385] PM: thaw of devices complete after 171.291 msecs
> [ 49.661876] PM: Cannot find swap device, try swapon -a.
> [ 49.667356] PM: Cannot get swap writer
> [ 49.722677] Restarting tasks ... done. ash: write error: No such device
>
> But I can find my device /dev/mmcblk0p3, and its size is about 2GB, and
> it's not mounted in system,it can be mounted with ext4 filesystem.
> / # ls -l /dev/mmcblk*
> brw-rw---- 1 0 0 179, 3 Jan 1 00:01 /dev/mmcblk0p3
>
> It says cannot find swap device, but the CONFIG_SWAP=y is checked.
> It seems I miss something?

Hi tony,

Two things are?missing:

1) you must format the partition as swap using the mkswap command. ?This can be
   done on target or on your laptop. ?

2) after booting, on target you have to add the swap to the system using the
   swapon command. ?I usually do:

    swapon /dev/mmcblk0p3

If you want to do swapon -a you may have to modify the
/etc/fstab or mnttab but I don't do it?this way. ?

Sebastian

* [linux-pm] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk
@ 2016-01-11 16:43                   ` Johann
From: Johann @ 2016-01-11 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Sebastian Capella <sebastian.capella <at> linaro.org> writes:

> Quoting TonyHo (2014-03-04 03:04:08)
> > Hi Sebastian:
> >      Thank you. And I'm in Shanghai, it's not far from the Macao,
both
> > in China, ha.
> > The system can boot up normal now. And I want to make the
hibernation,
> > but error occurs. I want to save the hibernation image in
> > /dev/mmcblk0p3(device id 179:3), and I configure this in menuconfig:
> > / # cat /sys/power/resume 179:3
> > When I echo a disk to /sys/power/state , it hints(partly log):
> > [ 49.426656] omap_uart 44e09000.serial: no wakeirq for uart0
> > [ 49.594385] PM: thaw of devices complete after 171.291 msecs
> > [ 49.661876] PM: Cannot find swap device, try swapon -a.
> > [ 49.667356] PM: Cannot get swap writer
> > [ 49.722677] Restarting tasks ... done. ash: write error: No such
device

> > But I can find my device /dev/mmcblk0p3, and its size is about 2GB,
and
> > it's not mounted in system,it can be mounted with ext4 filesystem.
> > / # ls -l /dev/mmcblk*
> > brw-rw---- 1 0 0 179, 3 Jan 1 00:01 /dev/mmcblk0p3
> >
> > It says cannot find swap device, but the CONFIG_SWAP=y is checked.
> > It seems I miss something?
>
> Hi tony,
>
> Two things are?missing:
>
> 1) you must format the partition as swap using the mkswap command.
?This can be
>    done on target or on your laptop. ?
>
> 2) after booting, on target you have to add the swap to the system
using the
>    swapon command. ?I usually do:
>
>     swapon /dev/mmcblk0p3
>
> If you want to do swapon -a you may have to modify the
> /etc/fstab or mnttab but I don't do it?this way. ?
>
> Sebastian

Hi Sebastian ,tonyho ,Pavel ,Russ:

I want to build the kernel https://github.com/russdill/linux/commits/arm-
hibernation-am33xx-v3.12 to be used in BeagleBone black Rev C too, I
watched all discussion between Sebastian and tonyho, but I still can't
work fine.

Below is my question:
On 02/24/2014 22:54 , Sebastian Capella wrote:
> I use omap2plus_defconfig.
>
> I have been working with BeagleBone Black (bbb) for hibernation on
this branch:

> http://git.linaro.org/git-ro/people/sebastian.capella/linux.git
hibernation_3.13_russMerge

> I ran into a few minor issues on Russ' branch for bbb that I had to
work
> around.  In the end it worked fine, but I know I had to add some
entries
> in the dts files at least for it to work.

1. I can't find the branch: http://git.linaro.org/git-
ro/people/sebastian.capella/linux.git hibernation_3.13_russMerge

Does the repositories still working? Or where can I find it?

2. Because I can't use Sebastian's branch above, I still use Russ's
branch(arm-hibernation-am33xx-v3.12),and I built zImage and am335x-
boneblack.dtb succesfully. When I boot beanglebone black using rootfs,
it hints(partly log):
[    1.626927] tps65217 0-0024: TPS65217 ID 0xe version 1.2
[    1.632587] omap_i2c 44e0b000.i2c: bus 0 rev0.11 at 400 kHz
[    1.714583] davinci_mdio 4a101000.mdio: davinci mdio revision 1.6
[    1.721043] davinci_mdio 4a101000.mdio: detected phy mask fffffffe
[    1.730995] libphy: 4a101000.mdio: probed
[    1.735391] davinci_mdio 4a101000.mdio: phy[0]: device
4a101000.mdio:00, driver SMSC LAN8710/LAN8720
[    1.745665] Random MACID = e6:ed:f5:55:73:33
[    1.756429] omap_rtc 44e3e000.rtc: setting system clock to 2000-01-01
00:00:01 UTC (946684801)
[    1.770213] Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2...

I guess this problem is caused by device tree hasn't support mmc.

I want to ask how to add some entries in the dts files? or if there
would be some modification to be done before compile russ's source code?

Below is my operation:
1. Build russ's kernel branch:
$ git clone https://github.com/russdill/linux.git
$ git checkout arm-hibernation-am33xx-v3.12
$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- omap2plus_defconfig
$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- menuconfig
$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- zImage dtbs -j4

2. Build russ's u-boot(https://github.com/russdill/u-
boot/tree/hibernation-v2013.10):
$make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- am335x_boneblack

Thank you very much!