* makedumpfile security key filtering with EPPIC scripts
@ 2013-05-31 10:46 Aruna Balakrishnaiah
From: Aruna Balakrishnaiah @ 2013-05-31 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Atsushi Kumagai, Tachibana; +Cc: kexec, ananth, BUENDGEN

Hi Atsushi/Tachibana,

Now that upstream makedumpfile has eppic support, we are working
on sample EPPIC scripts that can be used with makedumpfile to scrub
confidential data from the vmcore. With these sample scripts as a
reference, customers can come up with their own EPPIC scripts. We are
looking for the possibility of pushing these sample EPPIC scripts to
upstream makedumpfile. Please let me know your opinion on this.

Regards,
Aruna

* Re: makedumpfile security key filtering with EPPIC scripts
@ 2013-06-04  7:36 ` Atsushi Kumagai
From: Atsushi Kumagai @ 2013-06-04  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aruna; +Cc: tachibana, kexec, ananth, BUENDGEN

Hello Aruna,

On Fri, 31 May 2013 16:16:02 +0530
Aruna Balakrishnaiah <aruna@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Atsushi/Tachibana,
>
> Now that upstream makedumpfile has eppic support, we are working
> on sample EPPIC scripts that can be used with makedumpfile to scrub
> confidential data from the vmcore. With these sample scripts as a
> reference, customers can come up with their own EPPIC scripts. We are
> looking for the possibility of pushing these sample EPPIC scripts to
> upstream makedumpfile. Please let me know your opinion on this.

Upstream makedumpfile includes makedumpfile.conf as a sample configuration
of the scrubbing feature, so I have no objection to doing the same thing
for EPPIC.

If you make sample EPPIC scripts by reference to makedumpfile.conf,
you can post them to be reviewed.

Thanks
Atsushi Kumagai