* Questions about the mapping from gpfn to mfn when live migration
       [not found] <787044279.1400842.1370151885282.JavaMail.root@vmware.com>
@ 2013-06-02  6:19 ` Kai Luo
From: Kai Luo @ 2013-06-02  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi everyone:
I am reading code of live migration process of hvm domain now.My question is that I can't find the transformation position that transform hvm domain‘s gpfn to mfn.That is,the method ,in file xc_linux_osdep.c, linux_privcmd_map_foreign_bulk( xc_interface *xch, xc_osdep_handle h, uint32_t dom, int prot, const xen_pfn_t *arr, int *err, unsigned int num) ,the list of xen_pfn_t contains the list of guest's mfns(gpfns in xen),for para-virtualization guests they are thransformed by the pfn_to_mfn() before assignment(in xc_domain_save()),for hvm guests however,I can not find a similar conversion process,they are directly conveyed to the dom's kernel directly without any transformation.So I continued to follow the process,finding the following key functions:
privcmd_ioctl (struct file *file, unsigned int cmd, unsigned long data)
->privcmd_ioctl_mmap_batch(udata, 2)
->-> traverse_pages(mmapcmd.num, sizeof(struct privcmd_mmap_entry), &pagelist, mmap_mfn_range, &state);
Still no clue for the thransformation process,could you give any sugguestions?
My second question is that is it possible that I give a list of hvm's mfns(not gpfns) and then get the contents held in memory in dom0?Does xen have any function of this kind?
Thank you all!
Jone

* Re: Questions about the mapping from gpfn to mfn when live migration
@ 2013-06-03  9:49   ` Andrew Cooper
From: Andrew Cooper @ 2013-06-03  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai Luo; +Cc: xen-devel