* [Xenomai] i.MX6 setup
@ 2013-07-18  7:00 Nicolas Pinault
From: Nicolas Pinault @ 2013-07-18  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,

I'm starting a new project where I have to use Linux on a i.MX6. The new
system has real time constraints. I have chosen xenomai for the real
time part of the software.
I have followed Freescale documents to setup a Ubuntu virtual machine to
run ltib and cross-compile the Linux distribution delivered by
Freescale. I now have a i.MX6 board (Sabre Smart Devices Board) booting
U-Boot and running standard Freescale Linux.
What's next ?
I have read xenomai documentation but some points are not clear.
It is said that patches have to be applied on a vanilla kernel. I guess
the Freescale Linux distribution does not have a vanilla kernel. So how
can I apply patches on it ?

Does anyone have a detailed "howto" to setup a xenomai patched Linux for
a i.MX6 board ?

Regards,
Nicolas

PS : I guess that topic has already been discussed here but I have not
found any archive for the current mailing list.

* [Xenomai] RE :  i.MX6 setup
@ 2013-07-18  7:52 ` Younes CHALABI
From: Younes CHALABI @ 2013-07-18  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicolasp, xenomai

Hi Nicolas,

Do you use the L3.0.35_4.0.0 LTIB BSP for i.MX6 ?

I am trying to do the same work, by deploying Xenomai on my i.MX6Q Sabre Lite board.

Once you have your U-Boot and Kernel from LTIB you have to :

- Download xenomai and take a look at : ksrc/arch/arm/patches/mxc/README

- Resume to the classic installation on : http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-2.6/html/README.INSTALL/#arm

It has been a month that I am trying to deploy but I have not secceed yet !

Regards,
Younes
De : xenomai-bounces@xenomai.org [xenomai-bounces@xenomai.org] de la part de Nicolas Pinault [nicolasp@aaton.com]
Date d'envoi : jeudi 18 juillet 2013 09:00
À : xenomai@xenomai.org
Objet : [Xenomai] i.MX6 setup

[...]

* Re: [Xenomai] RE :  i.MX6 setup
@ 2013-07-18  8:47   ` Nicolas Pinault
From: Nicolas Pinault @ 2013-07-18  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: xenomai

Hi Younes,

Le 18/07/2013 09:52, Younes CHALABI a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Do you use the L3.0.35_4.0.0 LTIB BSP for i.MX6 ?
>
> I am trying to do the same work, by deploying Xenomai on my i.MX6Q Sabre Lite board.
>
> Once you have your U-Boot and Kernel from LTIB you have to :
>
> - Download xenomai and take a look at : ksrc/arch/arm/patches/mxc/README
>
> - Resume to the classic installation on : http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-2.6/html/README.INSTALL/#arm
>
> It has been a month that I am trying to deploy but I have not secceed yet !
Thanks for your answer. I'll follow the links you provided me.
I'll let you know if I succeed or not.

Regards,
Nicolas