* raspberry pi & baycom
@ 2013-07-26 21:59 folkert
       [not found] ` <51F398EE.2010608@tlen.pl>
From: folkert @ 2013-07-26 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hams

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to use a raspberry pi for packet radio. For
example with a baycom modem or so. Now an RPI has only rx/tx so the
regular baycom won't work I guess?
Any suggestions?
I would like to connect things to a 27MC setup.

Folkert van Heusden

* Re: raspberry pi & baycom
@ 2013-07-27  7:59 ` Mark Cheeseman
       [not found] ` <51F398EE.2010608@tlen.pl>
From: Mark Cheeseman @ 2013-07-27  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: folkert; +Cc: linux-hams

Hi Folkert,

Have you looked at the TNC-Pi: http://www.tnc-x.com/TNCPi.htm

I haven't tried it myself as I have a heap of Tiny-2s lying around doing
nothing, but it looks good. I'll try one out one of these days when I
get around to putting a portable system together.

Cheers,
Mark VK2XGK

On 27/07/2013 7:59 AM, folkert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a solution to use a raspberry pi for packet radio. For
> example with a baycom modem or so. Now an RPI has only rx/tx so the
> regular baycom won't work I guess?
> Any suggestions?
> I would like to connect things to a 27MC setup.
>

> Folkert van Heusden

* Re: raspberry pi & baycom
@ 2013-07-27 19:26   ` folkert
From: folkert @ 2013-07-27 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Cheeseman; +Cc: linux-hams

Stuart and Mark,

I've ordered one: let's see what it'll do!

Currently I have a pentium4 for doing this but that sucks up 80 watt.

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 05:59:00PM +1000, Mark Cheeseman wrote:
> Hi Folkert,
>
> Have you looked at the TNC-Pi: http://www.tnc-x.com/TNCPi.htm
>
> I haven't tried it myself as I have a heap of Tiny-2s lying around
> doing nothing, but it looks good. I'll try one out one of these days
> when I get around to putting a portable system together.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark VK2XGK
>
> On 27/07/2013 7:59 AM, folkert wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm looking for a solution to use a raspberry pi for packet radio. For
> >example with a baycom modem or so. Now an RPI has only rx/tx so the
> >regular baycom won't work I guess?
> >Any suggestions?
> >I would like to connect things to a 27MC setup.
> >

> >Folkert van Heusden

Folkert van Heusden

--
     Meer weten over Bitcoins? http://www.vanheusden.com/bitcoins/
Wintips voor de staatsloterij? http://www.vanheusden.com/sl.php

* Re: raspberry pi & baycom
       [not found]   ` <51F3A83E.9090403@tlen.pl>
@ 2013-07-27 19:27     ` folkert
From: folkert @ 2013-07-27 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sp2lob; +Cc: linux-hams

Tom,

Thanks!

At www.ohm2013.org this week someone's going to do a workshop on this.

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 01:00:14PM +0200, sp2lob wrote:
> Hello Folkert,
>
> I think I got it!
>
> Look here, A LOT of interesting things for Raspberry Pi:
>
> http://www.gobookee.net/raspberry-pi-ham-radio/
>
> And particularly there:
>

> http://www.gobookee.net/get_book.php?u=aHR0cDovL2hvbWUuY29tY2FzdC5uZXQvfndiMm9zei9WZXJzaW9uJTIwMC43L1Jhc3BiZXJyeS1QaS1BUFJTLnBkZgpSYXNwYmVycnkgUGkgQVBSUw==
>

> Q/uotation from above document:/*/
> /**/
> /**/"If you want to transmit, some method is needed to activate the
> transmitter push-to-talk (PTT) function. /**/
> /**/
> /**/Traditionally, this has been done with the RTS or DTR signal
> from a serial port.  The built-in serial /**/
> /**/
> /**/interface does not have the RTS or DTR control signals.
> Possible alternatives include:/**/
> /**/
> /**/- Use a USB to RS-232 converter cable to supply a full RS-232 port./**/
> /**/
> /**/- VOX operation where transmitter is activated by transmit audio
> signal.  The SignaLink USB uses /**/
> /**/
> /**/this technique./**/
> /**/
> /**/- Use one of the General Purpose I/O (GPIO) pins. Future
> possibility -- not implemented yet./**/"/*
>

> Best regards.
> Tom - sp2lob

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail ist eine flexible Applikation um Logfiles und Kommando
Eingaben zu überprüfen. Inkl. Filter, Farben, Zusammenführen,