* [Qemu-devel] usb: a problem of using libusb for usb pass through
@ 2013-07-16  8:45 Gonglei (Arei)
From: Gonglei (Arei) @ 2013-07-16  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerd Hoffmann, qemu-devel
  Cc: Linqiangmin, Luonengjun, Huangweidong (Hardware)

Hi, Gerd
	My Qemu version is 1.5.1, and use libusb for usb pass through.
	I pass through a host usb device to the guest by bus number and physical port, when I unplug the usb device from
the host, and plug in on the same physical port immediately, but the usb device don't show up in the guest.
	The qemu log show:
libusb_release_interface: -4 [NO_DEVICE]
libusbx: error [_get_usbfs_fd] libusbx couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/002/004: No such file or directory
libusbx: error [_get_usbfs_fd] libusbx couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/002/004: No such file or directory
libusbx: error [_get_usbfs_fd] libusbx couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/002/004: No such file or directory

	I find the reason is that the global libusb_context has recorded the usb devices' devnum, but when the host device was unplugged and plugged
from the host, the devnum will change, finally cause the problem.
	Any ideas ? Thanks!

Best Regards!
-Gonglei