* teuthology and jenkins
@ 2013-09-06 13:07 Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2013-09-06 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development

I've explored the idea to use jenkins as a remplacement for the queue + archive mechanism of teuthology. It turns out to be jenkins weak point. As Robert Colins ( who recently wrote a HOWTO on how to replicated the CI infrastrcture of OpenStack and is confident someone could do the same within a couple of days https://review.openstack.org/#/c/45346/ ) puts it:

"OpenStack uses jenkins for it's core capabilities - running tests in a work environment, and replaces the scheduler, archiver etc with their own to avoid scaking issues with the naive approaches jenkins has".

Robert further suggested that using the OpenStack CI infrastructure would be a good pick for Ceph.

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing.H

* Teuthology queuing & archiving (was: teuthology and jenkins)
@ 2013-09-10 16:32 ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2013-09-10 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development