* Where to define username/password when fetching sstate via http with basic authentication?
@ 2021-05-28  9:26 Manuel Wagesreither
From: Manuel Wagesreither @ 2021-05-28  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello all,

to speed up builds, we would like to make the CI generated sstate-cache available via internet. Due to IP concerns, we don't want to make it publically available but for authenticated hosts only.

[1] indicates it is possible to serve the sstate-cache over http with basic authentication [2].

How does one set the username & password? By putting it into the URL like in the following example, or are other ways available?
```
SSTATE_MIRRORS ?= "\
file://.* http://username:password@someserver.tld/share/sstate/PATH"
```

Thank you!

[1] https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/130333/
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_access_authentication

* Re: [yocto] Where to define username/password when fetching sstate via http with basic authentication?
@ 2021-05-28  9:35 ` Quentin Schulz
From: Quentin Schulz @ 2021-05-28  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Wagesreither; +Cc: yocto

Hi Manuel,

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 11:26:26AM +0200, Manuel Wagesreither wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> to speed up builds, we would like to make the CI generated sstate-cache available via internet. Due to IP concerns, we don't want to make it publically available but for authenticated hosts only.
>
> [1] indicates it is possible to serve the sstate-cache over http with basic authentication [2].
>
> How does one set the username & password? By putting it into the URL like in the following example, or are other ways available?
> ```
> SSTATE_MIRRORS ?= "\
> file://.* http://username:password@someserver.tld/share/sstate/PATH"
> ```

There is an example in the commit you sent, so I would say:
SSTATE_MIRRORS ?= " \
file://.* http://someserver.tld/share/sstate/PATH;user=username:password;downloadfilename=PATH \n"
?

Cheers,
Quentin

* Re: [yocto] Where to define username/password when fetching sstate via http with basic authentication?
@ 2021-05-28  9:50   ` Manuel Wagesreither
From: Manuel Wagesreither @ 2021-05-28  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Quentin Schulz; +Cc: yocto