* Out of tree build yocto dylan
@ 2013-10-28 10:22 Volker Vogelhuber
From: Volker Vogelhuber @ 2013-10-28 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I'm currently trying to have the TMPDIR moved out of the normal
repository path under dylan.
If I set it to
TMPDIR = "${TOPDIR}/../../build/tmp"
some of the build recipes fail because of the dots (e.g. mkdir-p.pl in
openssl and ti-dsp-link from the meta-ti repository). I fixed it by
adding a require conf/gettmpdir.inc containing the following
code:

def gettmpdir(d):
     return os.path.abspath(d.getVar("TOPDIR", True) + "/../../build/tmp");

and set the TMPDIR within the local.conf now to TMPDIR = "${@gettmpdir(d)}"
But I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to introduce a call to
os.path.abspath on the TMPDIR in general.

* Re: Out of tree build yocto dylan
@ 2013-10-28 18:46 ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2013-10-28 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Volker Vogelhuber; +Cc: yocto

On 28 October 2013 03:22, Volker Vogelhuber
<v.vogelhuber@digitalendoscopy.de> wrote:
> I'm currently trying to have the TMPDIR moved out of the normal repository path under dylan.
> If I set it to
> TMPDIR = "${TOPDIR}/../../build/tmp"

Does it work better if you use an absolute path (you can use the same
TMPDIR location, just specify it absolutely, instead of relatively)?

* Re: Out of tree build yocto dylan
@ 2013-10-29  8:43   ` Volker Vogelhuber
From: Volker Vogelhuber @ 2013-10-29  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Woerner; +Cc: yocto

On 28.10.2013 19:46, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On 28 October 2013 03:22, Volker Vogelhuber
> <v.vogelhuber@digitalendoscopy.de> wrote:
>> I'm currently trying to have the TMPDIR moved out of the normal repository path under dylan.
>> If I set it to
>> TMPDIR = "${TOPDIR}/../../build/tmp"
>
> Does it work better if you use an absolute path (you can use the same
> TMPDIR location, just specify it absolutely, instead of relatively)?
Sure it would work too, but I don't want to specify the path in an
absolute way because
we have the toolchain in a mercurial repository, and other developers
may have checked out
the toolchain in another path, so specifying it in an absolute way is no
way to go.