* Mandos support in Dracut
@ 2013-10-29 23:03 Nathanael D. Noblet
From: Nathanael D. Noblet @ 2013-10-29 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: initramfs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hello,

   So I've spent about two days on this and I think it may be over my
head. I'm trying to add mandos to both EPEL and Fedora systems.

   The project provides a client that sets up a TLS connection to a
server and receives its encryption keys over that connection and in a
pgp encrypted message. This allows for unattended servers to reboot and
have an encrypted root fs.

   Unfortunately I'm totally lost, the upstream project is looking into
adding support but I don't know how long that will take. I don't mind
doing some of the work however I'm so lost that its hard to know where
to go, what to do.

   I'm wondering if there is someone who wants to mentor me on what
needs to happen. I somewhat get the ask-password system. I've taken the
ask-password agent code from systemd and modified it to call the mandos
client. I've got little idea on how to compile it to test it though. I'm
also very much confused as to how I can say that the network will have
to be up before it tries to get the key for decryption.

   The project itself is part of debian but their initsystem *and*
crypttab are sufficiently different that there wasn't much to learn by
how they go about doing it.

   I would really appreciate any pointers/help possible. I have many
questions and few answers...

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-10-29 23:03 UTC | newest]