* one error down maybe two to go.
@ 2021-05-11 22:16 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2021-05-11 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

For the record these are the two remaining errors once exitemu is run.
ERROR: libao: unable to get driver id
ERROR: alsa_midi (ALSA lib): rawmidi_hw.c:235:(snd_rawmidi_hw_open) : No
such file or directory open /dev/snd/midiC0D0 failed
I fixed the code page error by editing /etc/profile and ~/.bash_profile
files, sometimes it doesn't pay to trust systemd.
The alsa-midi error above if it is an error can't find a device or file
it's supposed to open.  Probably since I haven't got the right package or
packages installed on this system to make that happen.
libao is definitely on the system so why its ID can't be found is
puzzling.

* Re: one error down maybe two to go.
@ 2021-05-12 16:36 ` stsp
From: stsp @ 2021-05-12 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jude DaShiell, linux-msdos

12.05.2021 01:16, Jude DaShiell пишет:
> For the record these are the two remaining errors once exitemu is run.

They are not "remaining".
They are result of other errors.
As such, fixing them is not productive.

> ERROR: libao: unable to get driver id

1. misconfigured libao (see "man libao.conf",
but most likely your distro just doesn't
properly build it).
2. dosemu is not compiled with sdl,
or libao won't happen at all.

> ERROR: alsa_midi (ALSA lib): rawmidi_hw.c:235:(snd_rawmidi_hw_open) : No
> such file or directory open /dev/snd/midiC0D0 failed
> I fixed the code page error by editing /etc/profile and ~/.bash_profile
> files, sometimes it doesn't pay to trust systemd.
> The alsa-midi error above if it is an error can't find a device or file
> it's supposed to open.  Probably since I haven't got the right package or
> packages installed on this system to make that happen.

Indeed.

> libao is definitely on the system so why its ID can't be found is
> puzzling.
Better concentrate on why sdl
is not compiled in. libao is out
of support on many distros, and
is not properly built/configured
by them.

* Re: one error down maybe two to go.
@ 2021-05-12 18:43   ` Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2021-05-12 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stsp, linux-msdos

I installed some gambas packages since one of them was an sdl-sound driver
and checked /etc/libao.conf.  It's real short default is alsa and
dev=default.  Nothing else in it yet.  Same two errors come up with dosemu
exitemu.

@ 2021-05-12 21:06     ` stsp
From: stsp @ 2021-05-12 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jude DaShiell, linux-msdos

12.05.2021 21:43, Jude DaShiell пишет:
> I installed some gambas packages since one of them was an sdl-sound driver

You need to see "sdl" in configure
output of dosemu, not in gambas.