* Missing "nametype" field in audit PATH records
@ 2018-05-29 14:42 Nimrod Ostrovsky
From: Nimrod Ostrovsky @ 2018-05-29 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-audit

Hello,

I use the latest audit-userspace version on kernel 3.0.21, and  Im trying
to compile a dispatcher app for audispd.
The problem is that  PATH records  does not have the "nametype" field in in
this kernel version, and I want to be able to distinct between "parent"
PATH records and any other types.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?
(Without having to upgrade the kernel)

Cheers,
Nimrod.

--

 <https://automotive.knect365.com/tu-auto-detroit/registration>

* Re: Missing "nametype" field in audit PATH records
@ 2018-06-06 18:26 ` Steve Grubb
From: Steve Grubb @ 2018-06-06 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-audit; +Cc: Nimrod Ostrovsky

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:42:11 AM EDT Nimrod Ostrovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use the latest audit-userspace version on kernel 3.0.21, and  Im trying
> to compile a dispatcher app for audispd.
> The problem is that  PATH records  does not have the "nametype" field in in
> this kernel version, and I want to be able to distinct between "parent"
> PATH records and any other types.
>
> Any ideas how to solve this issue?
> (Without having to upgrade the kernel)

Looks like that landed in the 3.10 kernel. Short of backporting nametype
support to your kernel, there is nothing else that you can do.

-Steve