* [U-Boot] tr
@ 2013-11-14 10:20 Frank Ihle
From: Frank Ihle @ 2013-11-14 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi everybody

I'm writing you since you have been mentioned in the README as help

 got this ARM9 SAM9G25, and i try to use it with embedded linux, I
already made the images but there's an Error on the target while booting which says "No NandFlash
detected !" and afterwards it continues with the system already
installed. Since there is a special page from Atmel for this job, i
sticked to that content (http://www.at91.com/linux4sam/bin/view/Linux4SAM/SAM9x5Page).

I wanted to boot that system from SD Card, therefore i used bootstrap with the at91sam9x5sduboot_defconfig (like the page says) and U-Boot with the at91sam9x5ek_nandflash_config.

And i made an image with buildroot (with the patch for that CPU).

So
 in the end I put the boot.bin, u-boot.bin and the
uImage-2.6.39-r1-at91sam9x5ek (from buildroot) on the FAT16 SD card and
when i try to boot from that Card the error message appears '("no
NandFlash detected"), then he ignores the SD-Card device and continues
with the already installed system.

Unfortunately i have completly no clue whats the problem here, i hope some of you can help me out. But what I know: it trys to read the SD-Card, since there's a little bit of a different startup when booting without the Card.

Thank you! and greetings

Frank

* [U-Boot] tr
@ 2013-11-15  9:45 ` Bo Shen
From: Bo Shen @ 2013-11-15  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Frank,

On 11/14/2013 06:20 PM, Frank Ihle wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I'm writing you since you have been mentioned in the README as help

>   got this ARM9 SAM9G25, and i try to use it with embedded linux, I
> already made the images but there's an Error on the target while booting which says "No NandFlash
> detected !" and afterwards it continues with the system already
> installed. Since there is a special page from Atmel for this job, i
> sticked to that content (http://www.at91.com/linux4sam/bin/view/Linux4SAM/SAM9x5Page).
>
> I wanted to boot that system from SD Card, therefore i used bootstrap with the at91sam9x5sduboot_defconfig (like the page says) and U-Boot with the at91sam9x5ek_nandflash_config.
>
> And i made an image with buildroot (with the patch for that CPU).
>
> So
>   in the end I put the boot.bin, u-boot.bin and the
> uImage-2.6.39-r1-at91sam9x5ek (from buildroot) on the FAT16 SD card and
> when i try to boot from that Card the error message appears '("no
> NandFlash detected"), then he ignores the SD-Card device and continues
> with the already installed system.
>
> Unfortunately i have completly no clue whats the problem here, i hope some of you can help me out. But what I know: it trys to read the SD-Card, since there's a little bit of a different startup when booting without the Card.

You try to boot up from SD card, why use at91sam9x5ek_nandflash_config?
why not use at91sam9x5ek_mmc_config directly?

Anyway, for NAND flash, please check the jumper setting, do you disable it?

> Thank you! and greetings
>
> Frank

Best Regards,
Bo Shen