* [U-Boot] linkstation_HGLAN and MPC824x support
@ 2013-11-25 15:45 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2013-11-25 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

With a recent change to U-Boot (as part of merging
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/293612/), we need cache support for
MPC824x, for the linkstation_HGLAN board to continue building, as the
network driver is now cache aware.

Alternatively, if there is no interest in maintaining the platform
upstream anymore, we can remove it.  Thanks!

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] linkstation_HGLAN and MPC824x support
@ 2013-12-18 21:35 ` York Sun
From: York Sun @ 2013-12-18 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 11/25/2013 07:45 AM, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With a recent change to U-Boot (as part of merging
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/293612/), we need cache support for
> MPC824x, for the linkstation_HGLAN board to continue building, as the
> network driver is now cache aware.
>
> Alternatively, if there is no interest in maintaining the platform
> upstream anymore, we can remove it.  Thanks!

Tom,

Did you hear objection? I think we should remove support for this board. We'd
better do it before next release.

York

* [U-Boot] linkstation_HGLAN and MPC824x support
@ 2013-12-18 21:50   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2013-12-18 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

* [U-Boot] linkstation_HGLAN and MPC824x support
@ 2014-01-03  0:04     ` York Sun
From: York Sun @ 2014-01-03  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 12/18/2013 01:50 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> On 12/18/2013 04:35 PM, York Sun wrote:
>> On 11/25/2013 07:45 AM, Tom Rini wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> With a recent change to U-Boot (as part of merging
>>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/293612/), we need cache support
>>> for MPC824x, for the linkstation_HGLAN board to continue
>>> building, as the network driver is now cache aware.
>>>
>>> Alternatively, if there is no interest in maintaining the
>>> platform upstream anymore, we can remove it.  Thanks!
>>>

>> Tom,
>
>> Did you hear objection? I think we should remove support for this
>> board. We'd better do it before next release.
>
> I would say this is "last call" for a patch now, yes.

Tom,

Are you going to remove this platform, or waiting for someone to submit a patch
to do so? Does removing this platform mean totally remove the code, or only
modify boards.cfg to disable the build?

York

* [U-Boot] linkstation_HGLAN and MPC824x support
@ 2014-01-03  0:39       ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2014-01-03  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear York,

In message <52C5FEA1.7040508@freescale.com> you wrote:

> Are you going to remove this platform, or waiting for someone to submit a patch
> to do so? Does removing this platform mean totally remove the code, or only
> modify boards.cfg to disable the build?

We don't leave dead code behind - removal will nclude all related
board code.

Actually I still vote to remove all MPC82xx code; it's totally dead.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
While most peoples' opinions change, the conviction of their correct-
ness never does.

* [U-Boot] linkstation_HGLAN and MPC824x support
@ 2014-01-06 14:14         ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2014-01-06 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

* [U-Boot] linkstation_HGLAN and MPC824x support
@ 2014-01-06 16:26           ` York Sun
From: York Sun @ 2014-01-06 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 01/06/2014 06:14 AM, Tom Rini wrote:
> On 01/02/2014 07:39 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> Dear York,
>
>> In message <52C5FEA1.7040508@freescale.com> you wrote:
>>>
>>> Are you going to remove this platform, or waiting for someone to submit a patch
>>> to do so? Does removing this platform mean totally remove the code, or only
>>> modify boards.cfg to disable the build?
>
>> We don't leave dead code behind - removal will nclude all related
>> board code.
>
> Right.  And I posted a patch on the 20th to remove the board.
>
>> Actually I still vote to remove all MPC82xx code; it's totally dead.
>
> York, does that work for you as well?  PowerPC doesn't formally have the
> same feeder structure that ARM has but I'd still like a quick "yes,
> nothing there looks like it's about to come back elsewhere".  Thanks!

I am OK to remove MPC82xx.

York

* [U-Boot] linkstation_HGLAN and MPC824x support
@ 2014-01-06 16:36             ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2014-01-06 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot