* [Xenomai] Please, can anybody help me to find where is supposed to be the handler function for the Xenomai syscall in the kernel tree?
@ 2014-01-29 14:13 Marco Tessore
From: Marco Tessore @ 2014-01-29 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Good morning,
I am a newbie of Xenomai, and I'm trying to patch a modified (non
vanilla) Linux kernel 3.11.0rc3 for ARM architecture (Freescale iMx28)
with Xenomai 2.6.3.
To achieve this goal I have modified, then applied the patch
ipipe-core-3.8.13-arm-3, but, probably because of my changes, something
seems to not work properly.

In particular, when I launch any sample application, I get the following
error message:
Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled.
(modprobe xeno_native?)

Given that the specified configurations are active in my kernel, and
they are all compiled into the kernel without resorting to modules,
looking deeper in the code I saw that the syscall
muxid = XENOMAI_SYSBIND(skin_magic,
                 XENOMAI_FEAT_DEP, XENOMAI_ABI_REV, &finfo);
in the file bind.c of the user space shared objects is returning ENOSYS.

The question is: where I can find - where is supposed to be - the
handler function for the Xenomai syscall in the kernel tree?
This can help me a lot to find what mistake I done.

I thank in advance anyone who can help me solve the problem.

Sincerely
Marco Tessore

* Re: [Xenomai] Please, can anybody help me to find where is supposed to be the handler function for the Xenomai syscall in the kernel tree?
  2014-01-29 14:13 [Xenomai] Please, can anybody help me to find where is supposed to be the handler function for the Xenomai syscall in the kernel tree? Marco Tessore
@ 2014-01-29 17:42 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2014-01-29 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Tessore; +Cc: xenomai

On 01/29/2014 03:13 PM, Marco Tessore wrote:
> Good morning,
> I am a newbie of Xenomai, and I'm trying to patch a modified (non
> vanilla) Linux kernel 3.11.0rc3 for ARM architecture (Freescale iMx28)
> with Xenomai 2.6.3.
> To achieve this goal I have modified, then applied the patch
> ipipe-core-3.8.13-arm-3, but, probably because of my changes, something
> seems to not work properly.
>
> In particular, when I launch any sample application, I get the following
> error message:
> Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled.
> (modprobe xeno_native?)

See:
http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-2.6/html/TROUBLESHOOTING/#_xenomai_native_skin_or_config_xeno_opt_pervasive_disabled

--
					    Gilles.

@ 2014-01-29 18:12 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2014-01-29 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Tessore; +Cc: xenomai

On 01/29/2014 03:13 PM, Marco Tessore wrote:
> Good morning,
> I am a newbie of Xenomai, and I'm trying to patch a modified (non
> vanilla) Linux kernel 3.11.0rc3 for ARM architecture (Freescale iMx28)
> with Xenomai 2.6.3.
> To achieve this goal I have modified, then applied the patch
> ipipe-core-3.8.13-arm-3, but, probably because of my changes, something
> seems to not work properly.

Note that:
- you may use the I-pipe kernel for 3.10 as a base for 3.11.0rc3,
available here:
git://git.kernel.org/ipipe.git branch stable/ipipe-3.10.18
- using an rc kernel is bad idea
- how to port Xenomai on new ARM processors is documented here:
https://www.xenomai.org/index.php/I-pipe-core:ArmPorting

--
					    Gilles.

@ 2014-01-30  7:48   ` Marco Tessore
From: Marco Tessore @ 2014-01-30  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gilles Chanteperdrix; +Cc: xenomai

Il 29/01/2014 19:12, Gilles Chanteperdrix ha scritto:
> On 01/29/2014 03:13 PM, Marco Tessore wrote:
>> Good morning,
>> I am a newbie of Xenomai, and I'm trying to patch a modified (non
>> vanilla) Linux kernel 3.11.0rc3 for ARM architecture (Freescale iMx28)
>> with Xenomai 2.6.3.
>> To achieve this goal I have modified, then applied the patch
>> ipipe-core-3.8.13-arm-3, but, probably because of my changes, something
>> seems to not work properly.
>
> Note that:
> - you may use the I-pipe kernel for 3.10 as a base for 3.11.0rc3,
> available here:
> git://git.kernel.org/ipipe.git branch stable/ipipe-3.10.18
> - using an rc kernel is bad idea
> - how to port Xenomai on new ARM processors is documented here:
> https://www.xenomai.org/index.php/I-pipe-core:ArmPorting

Thank you Gilles very much for your suggestions,
I think I will try the stable/ipipe-3.10.18 branch as base for my
kernel: it may work well for me.

Best regards
Marco