* [ANN] Added streaming tests for v4l2-compliance
@ 2014-02-11  7:55 Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2014-02-11  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I've just committed and pushed my latest changes to v4l2-compliance. It adds
initial support for testing the I/O streaming ioctls. It's currently limited
to standard VIDEO_CAPTURE, so no output, m2m or multiplanar support.

You need to add the -s flag in order to test this, and you may have to set the
correct input and frequency as well since the streaming tests assume you have
a proper video signal on the input.

It already found this regression:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg72824.html

So any driver that supports VIDIOC_PREPARE_BUF will have to apply that patch
first, otherwise it will definitely fail to work.

By no means am I doing full coverage testing, but at least the main things
are now covered.

Particularly tests for nasty things (wrong pointers, buffers too small, closing
filehandles mid-streaming, stuff like that) need to be added. That's never tested
normally so stress tests like that will be very useful.

Feedback and ideas are welcome!

Regards,

	Hans

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-02-11  7:56 UTC | newest]