From: David Ranch <linux-hams@trinnet.net>
To: Joe Goforth <joego@mcn.org>
Cc: linux-hams@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Fw: Fw: AX.25
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 14:24:40 -0800	[thread overview]

Hello Joe,

Nice to see the linux-hams@vger list a little busy!

> I'm still looking for a better program than beacon to do the transmit so
> that might be a program that needs to be written. There are a lot of
> programs with source code out there for reference. Many of the linux
> APRS type programs have this code. Maybe someone out there has a better
> solution but that is about as simple as I could get it on an embedded
> system.

In a previous post I made today, you might want to check out Linpac for
Linux  It has the ability to send UI or unconnected packets like
"beacon" but it also fully supports making multiple connected sessions
to other nodes and packet stations, chatting real time with remote
operators, leaving messages, and much more.  You can read up about
what it can do, see screen captures, etc. here:

http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/hampacketizing-centos.html#11.linpac

If you're not aware, you can also find another great listing of various
Linux software for AX.25 here:

   http://radio.linux.org.au/?sectpat=packet&ordpat=date

I'm actually about to upload a big update to that site to reflect newer
versions of code, etc. as some of those pages are a bit out of date.

--David
KI6ZHD