* [U-Boot] SATA Port Multiplier and AHCI Support
@ 2014-02-15  2:30 Aaron Williams
From: Aaron Williams @ 2014-02-15  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has tried to deal with SATA port multipliers
inside U-Boot? I am in the process of merging a lot of libata and port
multiplier support from the Linux kernel back into U-Boot since one of
our chips is targeted at NAS devices and our boards use SATA port
multipliers.

This has ended up being a fairly large project. In addition I am needing
to make a lot of changes to the AHCI driver. The first thing I did was
switch it from being SCSI to SATA but there are a significant number of
additional changes required as well since the 1:1 mapping of port to
drives no longer applies.

-Aaron

--
Aaron Williams
Software Engineer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-02-15  2:30 UTC | newest]