* [Qemu-devel] 【Question】About "Add an IPMI device to QEMU" patches
@ 2014-02-27 14:07 Weidong Huang
From: Weidong Huang @ 2014-02-27 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: minyard, Luonengjun, cminyard, qemu-devel

Hi,

   I am interesting in your patches about the IPMI device addition. When
will you commit the next version?

Best regards,
-Huang WeiDong

* Re: [Qemu-devel] 【Question】About "Add an IPMI device to QEMU" patches
@ 2014-02-27 19:15 ` Corey Minyard
From: Corey Minyard @ 2014-02-27 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Weidong Huang, minyard, Luonengjun, qemu-devel

There have been some legal issues around this.  Implementing IPMI
requires that you sign an adopter's agreement and submit it to the IPMI
group.  We are not sure what that means for an open-source project.

So I'm kind of in a holding pattern until I get something back from the
IPMI group.  I've submitted and queried several times, but they don't
seem to care.  If you have some sort of inside channel, that might be
helpful.

-corey