* FTF 2014 - Dallas
@ 2014-03-25  0:49 Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-03-25  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello folks,

I am excited to share I will be at the Freescale Technology Forum 2014
and it would be awesome to meet some of you for a drink, talk or just
to say "Hi!".

So if you see me in the conference please say "Hi!"; I am quite easy to find!

I will be in Dallas from 6th of April up to 12th of April.

My US mobile phone is +1 (347) 903-9750; please give me a call or send
me an email so we can schedule something ...

Looking forward to meet you guys,

* Re: FTF 2014 - Dallas
@ 2014-03-25 14:19 ` Eric Nelson
From: Eric Nelson @ 2014-03-25 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador, meta-freescale

Hi Otavio,

On 03/24/2014 05:49 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I am excited to share I will be at the Freescale Technology Forum 2014
> and it would be awesome to meet some of you for a drink, talk or just
> to say "Hi!".
>
> So if you see me in the conference please say "Hi!"; I am quite easy to find!
>
> I will be in Dallas from 6th of April up to 12th of April.
>
> My US mobile phone is +1 (347) 903-9750; please give me a call or send
> me an email so we can schedule something ...

It would be nice to have a Yocto/meta-freescale BOF session
some time, but it's probably too late to book space and
it appears that the only open time is on Tuesday morning.

Do any of the Freescalers know if there's space in the facility
for ad-hoc meetings?

* Re: FTF 2014 - Dallas
@ 2014-03-25 17:03   ` Daiane.Angolini
From: Daiane.Angolini @ 2014-03-25 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Nelson, Otavio Salvador, meta-freescale

Yes, it´s possible to request a room for a meeting, but a Freescaler is needed.
And I´m not going to be on FTF.

I´m going to try to find who could be that one. But I sincerely think it´s easier
and funnier to find a pub.

Daiane

* Re: FTF 2014 - Dallas
@ 2014-03-25 17:19     ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-03-25 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Daiane and Eric,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com
<Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com> wrote:
>> On 03/24/2014 05:49 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> > I am excited to share I will be at the Freescale Technology Forum 2014
>> > and it would be awesome to meet some of you for a drink, talk or just
>> > to say "Hi!".
>> >
>> > So if you see me in the conference please say "Hi!"; I am quite easy to
>> find!
>> >
>> > I will be in Dallas from 6th of April up to 12th of April.
>> >
>> > My US mobile phone is +1 (347) 903-9750; please give me a call or send
>> > me an email so we can schedule something ...
>> >

>> It would be nice to have a Yocto/meta-freescale BOF session some time, but
>> it's probably too late to book space and it appears that the only open time
>> is on Tuesday morning.
>>
>> Do any of the Freescalers know if there's space in the facility for ad-hoc
>> meetings?
>
> Yes, it´s possible to request a room for a meeting, but a Freescaler is needed.
> And I´m not going to be on FTF.
>
> I´m going to try to find who could be that one. But I sincerely think it´s easier
> and funnier to find a pub.

I think we can plan it better for next FTF or next big conference we
know some or many of us are going to attend. I think this FTF is too
close and am not sure how many of us will be around and/or interested.
We risk to get a room and have two or three people there.

* Re: FTF 2014 - Dallas
@ 2014-03-25 17:43       ` John Weber
From: John Weber @ 2014-03-25 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Daiane, Eric, Otavio -

On 3/25/14, 12:19 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello Daiane and Eric,
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com
> <Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com> wrote:

>>> find!

>>> It would be nice to have a Yocto/meta-freescale BOF session some time, but
>>> it's probably too late to book space and it appears that the only open time
>>> is on Tuesday morning.
>>>
>>> Do any of the Freescalers know if there's space in the facility for ad-hoc
>>> meetings?
>> Yes, it´s possible to request a room for a meeting, but a Freescaler is needed.
>> And I´m not going to be on FTF.
>>
>> I´m going to try to find who could be that one. But I sincerely think it´s easier
>> and funnier to find a pub.
> I think we can plan it better for next FTF or next big conference we
> know some or many of us are going to attend. I think this FTF is too
> close and am not sure how many of us will be around and/or interested.
> We risk to get a room and have two or three people there.

I'd like to see this happen.  Would Lauren be willing to see if we can get a
room?  If not, I'll see if we can get one.  We're talking Tuesday morning, right?

John

* Re: FTF 2014 - Dallas
@ 2014-03-25 17:57         ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-03-25 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Weber; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 2:43 PM, John Weber <rjohnweber@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/25/14, 12:19 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:

>>> Yes, it´s possible to request a room for a meeting, but a Freescaler is
>>> needed.
>>> And I´m not going to be on FTF.
>>>
>>> I´m going to try to find who could be that one. But I sincerely think
>>> it´s easier
>>> and funnier to find a pub.
>>
>> I think we can plan it better for next FTF or next big conference we
>> know some or many of us are going to attend. I think this FTF is too
>> close and am not sure how many of us will be around and/or interested.
>> We risk to get a room and have two or three people there.
>>
> I'd like to see this happen.  Would Lauren be willing to see if we can get a
> room?  If not, I'll see if we can get one.  We're talking Tuesday morning,
> right?

Ok :-) Yes; we are talking about Tuesday morning.

* Re: FTF 2014 - Dallas
@ 2014-03-25 18:08     ` Eric Nelson
From: Eric Nelson @ 2014-03-25 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini, Otavio Salvador, meta-freescale, Lauren Post

Hi Daiane,

On 03/25/2014 10:03 AM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com wrote:
> [...]

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be attending.

Lauren, can you help?

> I´m going to try to find who could be that one. But I sincerely think it´s easier
> and funnier to find a pub.

I'm with you, but if the only time for a get-together is Tuesday
morning, that's a bit early for me.

As it is, there are events booked every evening, so there may be
conflicts.

Regards,

Eric

* Re: FTF 2014 - Dallas
@ 2014-03-25 18:09       ` Eric Nelson
From: Eric Nelson @ 2014-03-25 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador, Daiane.Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

On 03/25/2014 10:19 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello Daiane and Eric,
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com
> <Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com> wrote:

>>> find!

>>> It would be nice to have a Yocto/meta-freescale BOF session some time, but
>>> it's probably too late to book space and it appears that the only open time
>>> is on Tuesday morning.
>>>
>>> Do any of the Freescalers know if there's space in the facility for ad-hoc
>>> meetings?
>>
>> Yes, it´s possible to request a room for a meeting, but a Freescaler is needed.
>> And I´m not going to be on FTF.
>>
>> I´m going to try to find who could be that one. But I sincerely think it´s easier
>> and funnier to find a pub.
>
> I think we can plan it better for next FTF or next big conference we
> know some or many of us are going to attend. I think this FTF is too
> close and am not sure how many of us will be around and/or interested.
> We risk to get a room and have two or three people there.

You may be right...

* Re: FTF 2014 - Dallas
@ 2014-03-25 18:11         ` Eric Nelson
From: Eric Nelson @ 2014-03-25 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Weber, meta-freescale

On 03/25/2014 10:43 AM, John Weber wrote:
> Daiane, Eric, Otavio -
>
> On 3/25/14, 12:19 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Hello Daiane and Eric,

>>> Yes, it´s possible to request a room for a meeting, but a Freescaler
>>> is needed.
>>> And I´m not going to be on FTF.
>>>
>>> I´m going to try to find who could be that one. But I sincerely think
>>> it´s easier
>>> and funnier to find a pub.
>> I think we can plan it better for next FTF or next big conference we
>> know some or many of us are going to attend. I think this FTF is too
>> close and am not sure how many of us will be around and/or interested.
>> We risk to get a room and have two or three people there.
>>
> I'd like to see this happen.  Would Lauren be willing to see if we can
> get a room?  If not, I'll see if we can get one.  We're talking Tuesday
> morning, right?

Tuesday morning is the easiest, since nothing official is scheduled.

* Re: FTF 2014 - Dallas
@ 2014-03-25 18:52           ` Lauren Post
From: Lauren Post @ 2014-03-25 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Nelson, John Weber, meta-freescale

I'm presenting on i.MX Yocto Project on Thursday but I am not coming up until Wednesday so will not be available on Tuesday to meet. I'm leaving Thursday afternoon only staying one night but can meet Wednesday afternoon or Thursday before or after my presentation which is at lunch.

I'll ask about a room but it is doubtful I can get one at this late notice.

[] Tuesday morning is the easiest, since nothing official is scheduled.