* [meta-webserver] cherokee webserver SRC_URI broken again
@ 2014-04-30 16:13 Javier Viguera
From: Javier Viguera @ 2014-04-30 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi all,

Seems that cherokee webserver is missing again. The mirror that was set
last time to download the package from is not accessible anymore [1].

On the mirrors page [2] there are some more; most of them are also down
but there is still some of them that contain the package.

So at this point I think it's better to just put the package in one of
the yoctoproject mirrors. If you think that we should use one of the
still-working-mirrors let me know and I'll cook a patch for it.

-
Javier Viguera
Software Engineer
Digi International® Spain S.A.U.

[1]
http://www.cherokee-project.de/mirrors/cherokee/1.2/1.2.98/cherokee-1.2.98.tar.gz
[2] http://cherokee-project.com/downloads.html

* Re: [meta-webserver] cherokee webserver SRC_URI broken again
@ 2014-04-30 17:28 ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2014-04-30 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Javier Viguera; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Hi Javier,

On Wednesday 30 April 2014 18:13:25 Javier Viguera wrote:
> Seems that cherokee webserver is missing again. The mirror that was set
> last time to download the package from is not accessible anymore [1].
>
> On the mirrors page [2] there are some more; most of them are also down
> but there is still some of them that contain the package.
>
> So at this point I think it's better to just put the package in one of
> the yoctoproject mirrors. If you think that we should use one of the
> still-working-mirrors let me know and I'll cook a patch for it.

I can't remember from our last discussion, did anyone talk to upstream about
the pain they are inflicting on some of their users with the lack of proper
source archives?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: [meta-webserver] cherokee webserver SRC_URI broken again
@ 2014-04-30 18:02   ` Javier Viguera
From: Javier Viguera @ 2014-04-30 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Hi Paul,

On 30/04/14 19:28, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> I can't remember from our last discussion, did anyone talk to upstream about
> the pain they are inflicting on some of their users with the lack of proper
> source archives?

I don't think anybody talked to upstream about the problem. The mailing
list seems almost dead (looking at gmane[1] last email was on May/2013):

<http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.cherokee.general>

There seems to exist also other channels to contact (Google+, Facebook):

<http://cherokee-project.com/doc/other_community.html>

but I don't use neither of them (G+, FB) so I'm not sure how active the
project is.

Anyway I am leaving the office now for a short (4 days) break until
Monday so in case we finally need to patch the recipe I can do that next
week.

--

@ 2014-04-30 18:20     ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2014-04-30 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom King, openembedded-devel

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 08:02:13PM +0200, Javier Viguera wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On 30/04/14 19:28, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > I can't remember from our last discussion, did anyone talk to upstream about
> > the pain they are inflicting on some of their users with the lack of proper
> > source archives?
>
> I don't think anybody talked to upstream about the problem. The mailing
> list seems almost dead (looking at gmane[1] last email was on May/2013):
>
> <http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.cherokee.general>
>
> There seems to exist also other channels to contact (Google+, Facebook):
>
> <http://cherokee-project.com/doc/other_community.html>
>
> but I don't use neither of them (G+, FB) so I'm not sure how active the
> project is.
>
> Anyway I am leaving the office now for a short (4 days) break until
> Monday so in case we finally need to patch the recipe I can do that next
> week.

Tom, can you please put it on sources.oe.org?

You can find the archive on aruba.

Thanks

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

* Re: [meta-webserver] cherokee webserver SRC_URI broken again
@ 2014-05-12 10:31       ` Javier Viguera
From: Javier Viguera @ 2014-05-12 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, Tom King, Martin Jansa

Hi Martin,

On 30/04/14 20:20, Martin Jansa wrote:
> Tom, can you please put it on sources.oe.org?
>
> You can find the archive on aruba.

Thanks for looking into this, but did this ever happen?

I'm still having problems with cherokee download. In the fetch log it
shows trying to get it from
'http://sources.openembedded.org/cherokee-1.2.98.tar.gz', but still no luck:

$ wget http://sources.openembedded.org/cherokee-1.2.98.tar.gz
--2014-05-12 12:29:11--
http://sources.openembedded.org/cherokee-1.2.98.tar.gz
Resolving sources.openembedded.org (sources.openembedded.org)...
140.211.169.152
Connecting to sources.openembedded.org
(sources.openembedded.org)|140.211.169.152|:80... connected.
2014-05-12 12:29:11 ERROR 404: Not Found.

-

@ 2014-05-19 12:47         ` Javier Viguera
From: Javier Viguera @ 2014-05-19 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, Tom King, Martin Jansa